Chapter 5

Raven's P.O.V

I smile; excited that I’ll be spending time with Demi. After brushing my hair and teeth, I put on some short shorts that are easy to run in, my socks, and my black pumas. “Kevin, I’m going on my run”, I yell down the hall. He yells an okay just as I open the door, stuffing my phone in my pocket while putting on my earphones. I hit shuffle on my playlist and the first song to come on is ‘Unconditionally’ by Katy Perry. I love this song! I smile as I jog down the sidewalk, ignoring the stares at my abs that are exposed. I hum silently to the song as I continue down the path. The next song came on, ‘Really Don’t Care’ by Demi Lovato. I smirk and begin to think of ideas for tonight. Movies? No, too unoriginal. Shopping? Maybe, but I don’t really need anything. The beach? Maybe, but I don’t know how the weather is going to hold up. I sigh and decide to ask Demi when I pick her up.

            I reach my destination where I can deal with my feelings easily. I grin at the site of the old gym. “Hey, Mike. Haven’t seen you in a while”, I say greeting the buff man behind the counter. He smiles warmly at me, “Hey, Raven. I missed you. Do you want the usual room or the training room?” I think about it, “The usual please.” Mike nods and throws the keys at me. I catch them before heading to my usual room. I lock the door behind me and connect my phone to the docking station, hitting the play button causing ‘Radioactive’ by Imagine Dragons to come on. I grab a punching bag and hang it in the middle of the room. Quickly, I wrap my hands so they don’t blister too badly. Then I do my usual stretching routines, loosening my muscles and getting rid of tension.

            Punch… kick… punch… punch… punch… kick… elbow… knee… punch… kick… I hit the punching bag with a rhythm that repeats once it finishes. I use every ounce of energy in my last few punches until the punching bag breaks from the attachment clip and flies to the other side of the room, the stuffing coming out. I breathe deeply, tired and drenched in sweat. I wipe my forehead with my towel before checking the time on my phone, 3:30pm. I sigh happily that I have time to go home, shower, change, and pick up Demi. I sip water from my water bottle before grabbing my things and leaving the room, locking the door and returning the key to Mike. Mike waves at me as I run out the door, letting the slightly chilly May air to cool my skin as I run home.

            The warm water caresses my body and removes the soap left in my hair and body. I sigh, content on the mist to keep me warm until I step out of the shower and wrap a dark purple towel around me. I quickly dry myself before going to choose my outfit. My walk-in-closet was huge with the walls on my left and right covered in racks of clothes, a cushioned bench in the middle, and drawers at the back that contained jewelry. Skimming my clothes, I finally choose ripped black leggings, a Thor tank top with a gray bandeau, black underwear, my galaxy vans, my gold feather ring, and a Thor snapback that said ‘The God of Thunder’. I straighten my hair and put light makeup on.

            “Ci vediamo più tardi, Kevin!” (See you later, Kevin!) I yell in Italian, too lazy to speak in English. “Ciao, Bella!” (Bye, beautiful) Kevin yells back. I smile at his comment then grab my phone, wallet, keys, and purse. I picked my mustang, unlocking it and going in. Demi had texted me her address earlier, so I plugged the address into my GPS before carefully backing out of my garage and driving to Demi’s house.

Demi’s P.O.V

I’m so excited to spend time with Raven! I dance a little in my room, silent, hoping that no one can hear me. “So, was that Raven? Are you two going out?” a voice asks making me shriek, jumping a little. Dallas laughs and Maddie giggles. I roll my eyes, “Yeah, so what? We’re just hanging out. It’s not like a date or anything.” Maddie comes up to me, hugging me, “Demi, it’s obvious that you like her. Just go for it. It wouldn’t hurt to get to know her first though, but you have to tell her how you feel before it’s too late.” I nod, kissing her forehead, “Yeah, I know. It’s just that I’m worried that she doesn’t see me that way and it would make things awkward. I want to see if she drops hints that she likes me before I rush into things.” Maddie nods in understanding, but Dallas just grins mischievously.

After I shower, I go to pick out my outfit. I decided on something more casual than last night; a cute white tank top with pink sequins that were scattered all over the shirt with a light pink bandeau, bleached ripped jeggings, white underwear, and pink converse. I make sure to grab my sunglasses that covered most of my face (just in case) along with my phone, wallet, purse, and keys. I sit in the living room, chatting with my mom and Dallas while playing Fruit Ninja on my phone. My mom says that she is going to get something from the kitchen and comes back a few moments later with Raven following behind her, “Look who I found lurking outside when I went to water the flowers.” Raven chuckles and I stare at her curves that I never noticed before. She looked cute in her Thor tank top, ripped leggings, vans, and snapback. I look up to meet her eyes and realize that she noticed me checking her out when she gave me a cocky grin. “Demi, eyes up here!” Raven whispers loudly at me, giggling. My mom smiles at us and I blush before waving goodbye to everyone.

“So, where to?” Raven asks once we get into her car. I shrug, thinking, “We can do whatever. Um… how about the mall or something.” Raven pulls a thinking face that makes her look more adorable then ever. “Let’s go to the mall then”, Raven says, starting the car and we drive to the mall, singing songs on the radio as loud as we could, earning odd looks from people passing by. We laugh at our goofiness. Oh, I love her laugh! It’s so cute! Soon, we pull into the parking lot and I ask Raven for her twitter name. “It’s @RavenCD”, Raven says. I nod and went onto twitter, following Raven and then tweeting:

@ddlovato: Hey, everyone! Spending my evening with my new best friend @RavenCD.

Raven’s phone dings and I watch her read her notifications. She grins at me, “Am I really your best friend?” I nod, linking my arm with hers and leading her to the mall entrance. We debate on what store to go to first and of course I win and I drag Raven into Hot Topic. I throw clothing into Raven’s arms, pretty much grabbing the whole rack. “Um, Demi, can you stop giving me clothes so you can try them on?” she asks. I glance at her to see her buried under clothes. I laugh and help her to the dressing room area. I throw a bunch of clothes into a dressing room before going in. Soon, I went through all the clothes, only selecting the few that I like to take to the register. I check out before turning to Raven and ask, “Are you going to get anything?” She shakes her head, “No, I don’t really need anything. Besides, I have a specific store that I absolutely love to shop at.” As we walk out, I ask, “What store? We should go there next.” Raven grins and her gorgeous caramel eyes sparkle happily, “Can we? Its my favorite store.” I nod and smile as she jumped up and down like a little kid, “Sure. What’s it called?” Raven glances at the mall directory to find out where it is as she says, “It’s called Garage. I can’t wait! Let’s go!”

Raven grabs my wrist, tugging me down the hall, stopping at a store with a bright pink sign that says ‘Garage’. I grin at Raven’s contagious smile and follow her into the cute, slightly vintage styled store. I watch her amused as she runs her fingers over the fabrics of cute crop tops, tank tops, and jean shorts. I walk to the other side of the store to find some cute summery dresses. I pick a few and go to the dressing rooms, quickly trying stuff on and deciding that I love all of the clothes. I change back into my clothes and take the clothes to the register to check out. I’ll just wait on the bench for Raven.