Chapter 22

This is a turning point in my career and I could just imagine mom and dad smiling down at me

This is a turning point in my career and I could just imagine mom and dad smiling down at me. This is for them. I can't wait to tell Demi! She'll be so happy for me. I am in a super good mood the rest of the evening, happily talking to customers and cooking with my staff. All too soon it was closing time and I leave the restaurant, get in my car and start driving home. As I drive home, I stop at a red light and glance at the sidewalk to see a large cardboard box that said 'Free Puppies' on it. Curious, I pull over and park the car before stepping out. I eagerly walk over to the box and see only one remaining puppy, curled up in a ball. I cooed softly, getting the pup's attention and it immediately ran up to the side of the box, it's caramel fur fluffy as it barked cutely. I picked it up, checking for it's gender. Female. I held her close to me and awed as she snuggled close to me, shivering. It was pretty cold out. I giggled before bringing her into the car with me. She fell asleep on my lap and not having the heart to put her on she seat next to me, I drive the rest of the way home with the pup on my lap, gently stroking her fur with one hand as I drove.

After parking my car in my garage, I pick up the puppy in my arms and got out of my car before going inside my house. I close the door behind me, kicking off my shoes before walking into my living room to see Demi laying on my couch, asleep with the T.V. on the I.D. channel. I giggle softly before approaching my girlfriend, sitting on the edge of the couch next to her head before leaning down and gently kissing her forehead. Demi doesn't even stir from her sleep. I put the puppy down next to Demi, the pup snuggling into Demi's side subconsciously. I stand up and grab a blanket on the side of the couch before gently covering Demi with it. These guys are too cute. Smiling, I take out my phone and take a picture of them (without the flash of course) before posting it on twitter:

@RavenCD: My two cuties. @ddlovato

"Ray?" I look up to see Demi waking up, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. I smile, "Hello, cutie." I walk over to her and sit on the floor next to her. She smiles at me sleepily, "Kissy?" I giggle and lean up to give her a sweet kiss on her lips. I guess the movement woke the little pup because there was a quiet bark that startled Demi. We broke the kiss and I grin at Demi's expression as she gasps. "Awwww. So cute!" She gathers the puppy in her arms and cuddles her, petting the soft fur. "Where'd you get this cutie?" she asks, giggling as the puppy licked her cheek. "I found her in a box. I guess there were a bunch of free puppies and this was the last one. So, I brought her home," I explained, petting the small bundle of fur. "What's her name?" Demi asks. I shrug, "I haven't thought of one." We're quiet for a moment before I smile, "What about Peaches?" Demi kisses the puppy, "Perfect." Peaches seemed to enjoy the name because she jumped out of Demi's arms and into mine, wagging her small tail like a motor. Demi lays back down, opening her arms out to me, making me giggle before crawling onto my girlfriend, Peaches curling up beside us. Demi pulls the blanket over us before wrapping her arms around me protectively.

I lay my head in the crook of her neck and gently kiss her there before snuggling closer to her. I feel her kiss my forehead and I smile as we just lay there in a comfortable silence before a thought comes to me. "Oh, Dems?" After hearing a hum in acknowledgement, I continue, "You know the cooking competition show, Chopped?" Demi nods, "Yeah, why?" I lean my head up to look at her with a goofy grin, "The producer, director, and the host of the show came to my restaurant and asked me to be a judge for the newest season." Demi gasps, "Wow, baby! Congratulations." Demi kisses me and I happily kiss her back with passion before pulling away. "When is the filming starting?" Demi asks. I shrug, "They said they'd email me soon." Demi nods before pulling me closer and I return to my original position, my face buried in the crook of her neck. I sigh contently, happiness filling my heart.