Chapter 3

Demi’s P.O.V

“Demi! I missed you so much!” Maddie, my little sister, yells happily. “I missed you too, baby girl!” I exclaim, hugging her. Dallas, my other sister, smirks at me and says, “Did you miss me, Demetria?” I groan at her using my full name, but hug her anyway, “Don’t call me that! And yeah, I did miss you.” My mother, Dianna, walks up to me next and wraps her arms around me, “Demi, I’m so glad that you’re visiting for a few weeks. These two have been annoying.” Maddie and Dallas playfully yell, “Hey!” Mom and I laugh then I see my stepfather, Eddie, smiling at me before pulling me into a hug. “Hey, dad. I missed you”, I whisper. He nods, “I missed you too. Maddie and Dallas, why don’t you help Demi carry her bags upstairs while we make reservations at that fancy restaurant we never tried in the city.” My sisters’ nod and each grab a bag and lead to way to my old room.

They place my bags on the floor of my bedroom and go their separate ways to go get ready for dinner. I take a quick shower and pick out my outfit: a black spaghetti strap dress that stopped just above my knee, hugged my curves, and showed a little cleavage, my cute purse that matched, and my black heels that had tiny studs on the heel part. I curled my blonde hair and did my make up before grabbing my purse, wallet, and phone and meeting my family waiting downstairs for me.

I sit in the back next to Dallas and Maddie, chatting about random things until Dallas brings up my love life. “Demi, what if our waiter is cute? Would you flirt with them?” Dallas asked. I sigh, “Do we really have to talk about my love life?” Dallas rolls her eyes at me, “Yes, Demi. We do. You have been single for too long and you don’t get out very much.” I fold my arms in front of my chest and glare at her; “I’m fine on my own, thank you very much. If I do find someone tonight, then maybe, but I’m not looking to be in a relationship now.” The rest of the ride was silent and soon enough we park in the parking lot to see a cute, slightly fancy restaurant ahead of us.

“We made reservations under De La Garza”, dad says to the guy at the desk. He nods, grinning at me for some reason, grabs a few menus, and leads us to a table in the dead center of the restaurant. I was about to ask for a more private table when he comes to my side with a hand on my waist, making me uncomfortable. Suddenly, he turns around and I turn as well to see a woman about my age with beautiful black hair with blonde tips, pretty caramel eyes that sparkled with annoyance, and flawless, light tan skin. She glared at the creepy guy, pissed, and speaks in Italian; I think it was, angrily to him, “Che diavolo, Jeremy? Si stanno perdendo i miei clienti con la tua mente perversa! Come ti permetti! Fuori! Il tuo licenziato!” He bows his head, ashamed and leaves, shoving the menus in her hands.

She smiles at us and apologizes, her light accent elegantly working around the English words, “I’m so sorry about him. He won’t be coming back after that. Let me get you a more private table.” I smile thankfully at her and she winks at me, causing my heart to flutter, before leading us to a table in the back. We all take a seat and she smiles at us before speaking again, “Hello, I’m Raven and welcome to Bellisima. I will be your server and chef tonight.” Dad passes me a menu and I see him glance at her curiously, “I’m sorry for asking, but do you happen to be a Diablo?” Raven grins at him, “Yes, I’m Raven Diablo, owner of these restaurants. My parents passed away and my brother didn’t want to take over, so I got the ownership.” Eddie nods and Raven tells us that she’d be back in a few minutes with our drinks and to take our order.

“Dad, how do you know her?” Dallas asks. “Well, her parents were master chefs and quite famous. I knew that they had her for a daughter, but I didn’t know that they had a son as well. To be honest I know a bit about her parents, but not a lot. I think that they were killed in a restaurant fire in France”, dad says. I nod. I’m a little curious about this girl. She seems quiet and mysterious, which makes me want to know more about her. Raven is also so pretty and she makes me blush. I wonder if she is bi at least? Would I have a chance with her? Probably not… “Demi! I’ve been calling your name like 20 times! Are you thinking about Raven?” Dallas asks, whispering the last part. I blush and look away, “Is it that obvious?” Maddie, who is sitting on my other side, nods, “Yeah. She’s pretty. I think she seems nice too. Why don’t you go talk to her later?” I shrug and notice Raven walking back with our drinks on a tray and a pad with a pen.