Chapter 15

I nervously glance at Demi as we approach the beach. I was worried that she wouldn’t like it. Marissa had texted me to tell me that the party was ready and everyone is waiting. We arrived at a packed parking lot and I luckily found a spot in the back. Before Demi got out, I pull out a scarf, “Demi, I have a surprise for you, but you have wear this.” She pouts, but nods and I chuckle before tying the scarf around her eyes, making sure she couldn’t peek. I quickly texted Marissa before getting out of the car and walking to Demi’s side to open the door. I gently take her hand and pull her out of the car. I lock the car before leading her onto the boardwalk. I ignore her questions and smirk when I see the crowd in the distance. Luckily they turned off the music and they were waiting silently as I had requested.

We step off of the boardwalk and I lead Demi into the middle of the crowd. I stop her in the middle and lean in to whisper in her ear, “Are you ready?” Demi nods eagerly and I undo the scarf, letting it fall to the ground. She gasps when she sees all of the familiar faces, the DJ booth, the lanterns that will be lit later, and the buffet table. Her family walks over to us and Dallas grins, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” Everyone yells in unison. We laugh and Maddie hugs Demi. “Thank you, guys!” Dianna smiles, “It was all Ray’s idea.” Demi looks at me before jumping into my arms in a koala hug. I laugh as she murmurs thank yous over and over into my neck. I kiss her cheek and let her go mingle with everyone as I signal the DJ to start up the music.

‘Price Tag’ by Jessie J came on and people moved into the middle to dance. I push myself out of the crowd, greeting people with smiles and watch as everyone enjoyed themselves. Parties weren’t really my thing, but food was, so I didn’t mind to control the buffet table. I had had my staff help me make a bunch of finger food for today and we kept a whole lot more in the small van nearby. I suddenly felt a rush of anxiety fill my body. I try to breathe, but I knew I needed to get away for a few minutes. I glance around before slipping away unnoticed. I walk to the water, a little away from the party and sat down, attempting to pull myself out of this anxiety. My anxiety hasn’t hit me this hard in such a long time. I wonder what triggered it.

No. I knew what it was. Paige. I’m terrified. She scares me and I know that she won’t stop until she gets what she wants. Hell. I don’t even know what she wants from me. Taking a shaky breath, I bring my knees to my chest. The sound of the soft crashing waves began to calm my mind and I felt my breathing slowly ease to normal. After a moment, I stood up and glance out to sea to see the sun has gone down a lot. It was starting to get dark and I could see some people from the party going into the water nearby. I turn around only to see the last person that I ever wanted to see…Paige.

“What do you want?” I ask sharply. Paige smirks, “I told you. I missed you.” I glare at her, “You want something.” Paige grins, “You know me better than anyone, Raybear.” I mentally wince at her old nickname for me, but I continue to glare at her. “Okay fine. I want you back,” Paige says. I raise an eyebrow, “And why would I go back to you? Why do you want me? I’ve moved on.” Paige pouts, “You’re no fun. I want you back because you’re mine and I don’t share what’s mine. And you should listen because I have many ways to get you to do it.” I stare at her emotionlessly, “I’m not yours. You lost that right the moment you first hit me. You do realize that because of you I nearly killed myself. I felt worthless beyond compare and you sent me over the edge until I hit rock bottom.”

“I realize that and I apologize so much. I don’t like hurting that beautiful face of yours. However, you really should listen to me,” Paige says, walking closer to me. I step backwards until I felt the waves lapping at my feet. “I will NEVER be yours ever again! I made that mistake before! I’m in love and I’ve moved on. It’s time for you to move on too!” I yell angrily. There was a smack that rang in the air and pain flushed my cheek. Shocked by the sudden physical contact, I glare at Paige, “You slapped me!” Paige’s voice turns as cold as ice as she says, “You deserved it you little bitch. Disrespecting me!” I am suddenly hit with a wave of flashbacks and I felt tears in my eyes. Shaking the thoughts away, I run past Paige and run towards the boardwalk. Pain and nightmares weighed me down as I collapsed underneath the boardwalk, silently crying. I curl up in the shadows, my breath shaking as my heartbeat increased in speed. Darkness took over my thoughts and I felt more alone than ever.

-------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! 

I'm sorry about not updating. I've had some writer's block and I've been having inspiration for other stories. I've been losing interest in this story recently. I've been continuing this story thought because of how nice everyone has been with being supportive and everything.

Thank you so much!

If you have any ideas for a story I should write, maybe inbox me? 

Next Chapter will be in Demi's POV!!!

-Anna