Guardian Angel (Demi Lovato GxG)

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Ravenfeather Cassandra Diablo. I know, why the weird name? Well, my mother was Native American and she named me based on my culture with the blessing of her old tribe, but decided to use an English word instead of Cherokee. My father was half French, half Italian, so that’s where the rest of my name comes in, but I go by Raven. My parents died when I was 14 after my 16-year-old brother, Hawkfire Hugo Diablo (goes by Hawk), left to join the U.S. military. I haven’t seen him since and I’ve also been living on my own. My parents were master chefs that were well known for their food. They owned 20 restaurants, 10 in America, 5 in France, and 5 in Italy. I inherited the business and my parents’ cooking skills.

I have black, wavy hair with blonde tips that ended halfway down my back and caramel eyes that look kind of amber. I’m lesbian, but only my gay best friend, Kevin, knows. I had a hard past with bullying at school because of my culture, religion, looks, name, accent, and being without my parents, which hurt the most, so I used to resolve in cutting, burning my skin, and purging. I went to rehab when Kevin noticed my changes in behavior. Now, I’ve been clean for a year. I’m turning 20 tomorrow (May 22nd, 1993) and I’m currently living in Dallas, Texas with Kevin and my horses; Ghost, Java, Cherokee, and Believe.

(Two years ago)

My acoustic guitar has just been smashed against the wall and now it was in pieces. I feel like I just lost my best friend. My guitar was on of the only things that kept me alive and Paige knew it. Without realizing it, I started to cry and cut my skin with my razor, silent so nobody could hear me. Let me explain what happened:

Flashback

“Paige, have you seen my guitar?” I ask the pretty brunette with blue-grey eyes. She frowns and holds up my toffee colored guitar, “You mean this piece of junk?” I roll my eyes and nod my head slowly before trying to get it from her. “What’s so special about this piece of trash? I thought that since I’m your girlfriend, that I would be more important than this”, Paige says, narrowing her eyes, pulling the guitar away from my reach. Before I could do anything, I watch in horror as she smashes my guitar against the wall, shattering it into a million pieces just as the rest of my heart breaks in the process, the sound of things breaking echoing in the room.

“Get out, Paige. I never want to see you again. We’re done. All you’ve ever done to me was abuse me and controlled my life. I want my life back. Go, now!” I whisper coldly, surprising myself at my sudden confidence. Without saying a word, Paige walks up to me, slaps me in the face, and shoves me into the wall. “Fine! I’ll leave you to your selfish needs, worthless brat. I never liked you anyway. You know what, Raven, I bet you’ll never find someone else ‘cause of how fat and ugly you are”, she rants at me before leaving my house, slamming the front door closed. I slid down the wall and place my head in my hands before reaching for my blade and sliding the cold metal on my wrists.

End of Flashback

Two years later (after the break up and rehab)

Yes! Today is my 20th birthday! Kevin woke me up by jumping on my bed, yelling at me to wake up. “I’m up!” I yell back at him, glaring at him playfully. He does his cheeky grin and hands me a box in pink wrapping paper and a green bow. I smile at him, “You know I hate presents. You didn’t have to.” Kevin just shakes his head, “I know, but I wanted to. Now open it!” I unwrap it to see an Apple product box. I open it to see an iPhone 5 with a phone case that had a picture of Kevin and I, the Batman logo, a music note, my full name in fancy script, an empty space for one of my photos, and the words ‘Guardian Angel’ because it’s the title to one of the songs that I’ve written. I grin and hug him, “Thank you, Kev!” He nods, “No problem. It has all your contacts in it already and it’s your old number too. Oh, get dressed to go riding.” I nod and he leaves to let me get dressed.

I put on a Demi Lovato shirt, my black riding pants, and my knee-length, black leather riding boots. I grab my helmet and go downstairs to see Kevin in his riding attire. Kevin and I have been best friends since kindergarten pretty much. He protected me from bullies and was openly gay and didn’t care what anyone thought. You would look at him and think that he isn’t gay because to be honest, he is pretty attractive with his dark brown curls, bright green eyes, tanned, muscular body, and standing at 6.3. He smiled cutely at me before tossing me my keys and phone. We get into one of my many cars; a red and black mustang, and drive to the stables.

When we got there, we went to the pasture to see my 4 horses. First, there is Ghost. He is a dappled gray Quarter Horse with dark brown eyes and a pink snip at the end of his muzzle. Next, there is little Java. She is a buckskin Shetland pony and way cute with her big brown eyes. Then, there is Cherokee. He is a palomino Appaloosa and he has one blue eye and one brown eye. Last, there is Believe (Bel for short). She is a beautiful black Friesian with brown eyes. I whistle loudly and they all look up simultaneously and trot over to us. “Hey, Java girl. Hey, Cherokee. Hey, Ghost. Hi, Believe”, I say, greeting each with a pat on the shoulder and a kiss on the muzzle. “Who am I riding today, Ray?”  Kevin asks, petting Java. I point to Cherokee, “You ride him today and I’m going to ride Bel.” He nods and takes Cherokee to a set of crossties while I do the same with Bel. We groom and tack them up. I lead Bel to the mounting block, and then easily swing myself onto the saddle. Kevin gets on without the mounting block…. why is he so tall?

I shorten my reins and hold onto a bit of Believe’s wavy, black mane. Kevin leads the way to the trail and moves to the side when we get there so we can go side-by-side. We pick up the pace, trotting, and smirking at each other before Kevin yells, “Let’s race to the cross country course. Ready. Set. Go!” We both speed up into a canter then pick up a gallop. Cherokee stretches his nose ahead of Believe until I get another burst of energy from Believe, who speeds past Cherokee and Kevin. Once we reach the beginning of the course, we slow to a halt, letting the horses catch their breath. “I totally beat you, Kevin! I would’ve beat you anyway”, I say with mock sass. Kevin scoffs, “Oh hell no! How dare you, Raven! We both know that I usually win races and you are the one to have a clean ride through a set of jumps. Speaking of, want to jump?” I feel my eyes light up and I grin, “Yeah. Let’s do the two verticals, the cross jump, the log, the triple combo, and the picnic table?”  He nods and gestures for me to go first. I turn and to get some space then pick up a canter, pulling the jumping position when we reached the first vertical and doing the same with the second. We jump the cross jump and fly over the log. We jump the triple combo, barely nicking the rails slightly, but they don’t fall. Last, I cleanly jump the picnic table before trotting back to Kevin.

I nod at him and watch him until he finishes with a clean jump. “I didn’t knock anything over! Did you see that, Ray?” Kevin says happily. I smile and clap for him because his jumping skills aren’t…um…very good. We race back to the stables, untack, groom all the horses, feed them, and clean up before going back home. Once we get home, I go to my room to take a shower and then went to my closet to put on my undergarments and pick out my clothes for work.  I know, work on my birthday but its Friday and I have to be at the restaurant… whatever. I pick out a dark red button up shirt with a black tank top, dark gray skinny jeans, black combat boots, and my gold feather ring. I did my make up, lightly, and then straightened my hair before going downstairs to meet Kevin. I quickly grab my phone, keys, and music folder before heading out.

----------

hey, guys. I don't have an any celebrity labeled as Raven because she isn't identified as someone else. but if you have suggestions, they are always welcome.

Thanks, Anna