06 - The Devil

"Where are we going?" Evie asked Michael. He still had his arm protectively around her shoulders and he was leading them at walking pace down the roads, back the way she had come to the park.

"Just to my friend's house. He's really cheery, and so's my other friend. We can turn your night around in no time." Evie bit her lip and shook her head, but he wasn't watching her. She didn't want to meet any more people, she didn't want to be under Michael's arm right then, she didn't want to be a danger to anyone.

When Michael pulled her in the direction of the house they were going to, Evie stopped dead in her tracks, staring at the house.

It was Ashton's house.

No way was she going anywhere near that house.

"Evie? What's wrong?" Michael asked her, tilting his head slightly and smiling at her.

She just shook her head. Her mind was so jumbled with thoughts right then, and she couldn't get a single word past her lips. Her mind was starting to go fuzzy, her vision was blurring.

"What's happening to your eyes? Evie, they're red!" Michael looked so confused, but it hardly implanted in Evie's fuzzy thoughts. She felt like she was no longer controlling her own body.

Suddenly she felt as if she was watching herself from a distance, she was no longer in her own body. She watched herself walking towards the house, staring straight forward, with blank eyes. She watched Michael jogging along beside her, trying to get her attention by doing a mixture of silly facial expressions and poking her shoulder.

After about ten pokes, she saw herself whip her hand out and push Michael away with inhuman strength, and he sailed high into the air, landing in a bush by Ash's front door

Evie watched a hand reach out to ring the doorbell, and an evil smile spread across an unfamiliar face, a face with red eyes and pitch black hair. A face that she definitely wouldn't have thought of as her own yesterday.

Only yesterday...

Then Ashton opened the door, and Evie saw the beautiful hazel eyes and perfectly messy hair. But those hazel eyes suddenly clouded with fear, and in five seconds she made a huge decision, a decision to stand up for herself, to be strong...

You must kill him

No! She wasn't going to kill a boy she'd only just met.

If you want Jace back, this boy must die. A life taken for a life given.

The picture was burning in her brain, the image of Jace's face lying on the floor of his kitchen next to a stranger. The image of his shirt, stained with blood and tears fallen from her eyes.

If you want him back - your Jace - you must kill this stranger.

But Ashton wasn't exactly a stranger. He was more of an acquaintance, and a possible friend. He had been so kind, lifted her spirits when all she wanted to do was jump out in front of another car and this time not let him save her. What did this voice want from her? What did the red figure in the mirror want with her?

I want to give you what you want.

Okay, you know what? I want you to leave me alone.

Is that really what you want?

Another image flashed through her brain again. But this was not one image. It was a sequence, a sequence of images of her life with Jace, from the first time they met to now. Tears spilled down her cheeks again, and she saw through her now blurry vision from her own eyes Ashton suddenly turn slightly worried for her.

No. Evie wanted the people who killed her best friend to die. She wanted them to get hit by s dose of karma.

Your wish is my command, my lady.

___________

Sorry, I know I haven't updated in a while and this is quite short, I just wanted to end on that sentence.

Okay, I'll update again soon! Maybe today or tomorrow,