Chapter 6

SAVANNAH

I looked myself at the mirror. I was wearing a black chiffon dress. I decided to put some light make-up on my face. I glanced at my watch and it was already 1:30pm so I went out of my walk in closet and picked up my dad's funeral clothes which was already inside a clothes bag and went outside the room.

"Ano na kayang ginagawa nung isa?" I thought to myself as I went down.

I went down the staircase and saw Jann sitting on the couch like a good boy.

He looks like a lost puppy or maybe a very shy guest.

I coughed so he can notice me.

He look up at the staircase and he was looking at me with awe. He stood up and went to the bottom of the staircase. After reaching the bottom of the staircase he spoke.

"You look very stunning." He said and smiled at me.

"Bolero!" I said at him while chuckling a little.

"Walang halong bola, Savannah. You really look stunning." He said while keeping his smile. I just smiled at him back.

"Let's go now, malelate na tayo." I said and we went out of the house.

We reached the garage and we went to my Shelby Mustang Super Snake. I went to the back compartment first and put my dad's clothes in there. I went to the driver seat while Jann was already sitting in the shot gun seat.

"Let's go?" I asked him and he nodded at me.

I started the engine and started maneuvering so we can get out of the garage. When we're already outside the mansion he asked me.

"How about my car?" He asked me.

"I'll take care of it. For now I'll drive you home." I said to him.

"Bakit?" He asked me.

"To return the favor and gusto kong palitan ang sasakyan mo. Kasalanan ko rin naman bakit nasira iyon." I told him while driving.

"There's no need for that. Ako ang nagvolunteer na ihatid ka sa inyo. You didn't force me, kaya ayos lang." He said.

"No I insist."

"Just let me do it, okay?" I asked.

"Okay fine, walang saysay makipagtalo sayo, Savannah." He said chuckling.

"K Dot." I sarcastically said to him.

"Really mature, Savannah." He said and rolled his eyes.

I continued driving while we were listening to some music. When the song Swear It Again by Westlife was playing he sang along with the radio.

"I'm never gonna say goodbye"

His voice was beautiful. I decided to sang along with him.

"Cos I never wanna see you cry"

I sang the next part and we became a duet.

"I swore to you my love would remain"

"And I swear it all over again and I"

"I swore to share your joy and your pain"

"And I swear it all over again"

We continued singing till the end of the song. After the song was finished he spoke.

"Wow! Marunong ka palang kumanta?" Jann was astonished.

"Well, I was also astonished to hear you sing. You have a nice voice." I replied at him.