chapter 28 | team

SNAP. SNAP.

"Hoy!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

He blinked na parang natauhan. "Hoy, ka rin." He exclaimed with less emotion than a cactus.

"Anong nangyari sa'yo?" Nakatangin lang talaga siya sakin, as if he haven't seen me before.

Kumukunot ang noo niya at parang uncomfortable masyado. "Sumisikip ang pantalon ko."

"Ha? May masakit ba?" My hand automatically flew at his outside pockets and he squirmed.

"Not helping..." He swallowed hard.

"Should I call Maco or Tory?"

He was so red and nauseous, "No, just let me go to the bathroom." He fled... so fast!

I saw Samantha laughing. I did too because somehow it was funny. I walked towards her and said, "What was that all about?"

She looked at me and burst into another hysterical laughter. I'm pretty sure she's laughing at me. "You've got to be kidding me, Nati. You didn't see that? That was Cosmo picture perfect."

"See what?"

She laughed again and mumbled, "The pervert and the virgin..."

================================

"Nati, can you move closer to Jax please?" I moved one step my left where Jax is.

Jax was thumping his feet, he's very jittery. "The fuck's wrong with you?" I whispered at him.

"Watch your mouth..." He mumbled. "Lumapit ka dito..."

"Feel comfortable guys." Direk Boy said while watching the monitor. "Parang awkward yata, ano ba yan? Closer please." We moved closer but still a breath away from one another. "Closer nga diba? Nati, come on. Jax, help me out... We need to see chemistry."

It was then when I felt Jax's warm hands traveled from the small of my back and unto my waist. I felt the shock, the electricity - the heat. My body immediately warmed with him around me. I pulled me closer to his side, hitching his side to mine. He lean into me and his lips close to my ear.

His breath hot in my ears - SQUIRM. "Do you know why white girls always walk in odd numbers?"

I stared at him in bewilderment.

He then smiled at me and made a sass sign using his index finger. "Because they can't even..."

It cracked me up.

Everybody was quiet as Direk Boy takes the shot. We were just standing there - hands on each other's waists - as we laughed at stupidest joke in history.

It took a few shots and... "Cut!" Direk Boy said and he smiled, "Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Jane and Atticus."

The entire staff and crew clapped and as it resounds, Jax Rizo's arms over me grew tighter around me and my smile wider.

Oh, Jax Rizo. You are killing me.

================================

I was eating after three hours of standing, leaning and smiling and all the irritating things people do on look tests. But that wasn't even the case, I was tired from more than hours of plucking, creaming, blushing, tugging my face for make-up. Also, let me tell you a secret... No matter how thin you are, you still need to wear body-shapers which is okay in the first minute but hell after a couple of hours.

Margaret was taking all bobby pins off my hair. I lift my fork to eat and it hasn't reached my mouth yet when Jax Rizo - in all his sexy glory - burst into the room and he is not alone.