chapter 46 | unadulterated honesty

We were kissing in the field; that's the last thing I remembered. Now, I felt the soft cushion on my back. How we ended up in this vast living room, I don't know. Don't ask me. We transported, maybe.

He's everywhere. My hips, my neck, my hair and my mouth... It's been awhile. It's been a long, long while.

I let it. You seriously need to stop stowing from the conversation, Nat. Stop stowing. Stop stowing.

I will be lying if I said I don't like this. Because, I do. I really, really do. I held his face closer to mine. I felt his tongue pushing inside my mouth and I like it. I like it so so much.

"It's been so long, Nat." He stopped and pushed himself away from me. His hands flat on the other side of my head.

"I know..." I pulled him back to me. "Now, stop stowing and start kissing."

He laughed his boyish laugh and planted cute kisses on my cheeks, my nose, my forehead and back to my lips again. He's playful and it's kinda cute. I like it when he's all breathy and weak. And the fact that I made him like this is overwhelming and hot. Is it the cold weather? The romantic picnic? The fireplace? This massive house? Or too much wine? I don't know but whatever the reason for this sudden happening - I am thankful for it.

We were full-on making out and no words were said. We eventual tire and went to sleep.

----

I woke up feeling very warm. It is baffling because when I opened my eyes I saw that the fireplace was out. I stretched around the big sectional sofa and when I did I felt a person right behind me. I turned and saw Jax. His left arm around my waist, his right arm beneath my head and his nose on my hair. We were spooning; that's why I am warm. My breathing immediately stopped and my movement calculated. I don't want to wake him. I slowly remove myself from his arms and sat. I raked my hand on my head and the thoughts of last night flooded to me.

How could I forget that? That was so intense that we actually got exhausted and crashed.

I stood up from the sofa and he stirred but did not wake.

I walk across the living room and filled the fireplace with wood and fired it up again. The morning coolness is starting to seep back into the house. I looked over at the beautiful man sleeping on the couch. I went back to the sofa and sat on the center table made of reclaimed wood. I studied his face. Jax Rizo is the most annoyingly handsome man I have ever seen in my life. His hair is disheveled and effortless, his skin smooth, his lashes long and curly, his brows are so strong it frames his face well and his lips - oh what those lips could do.

"Since you're already looking at my face, the least you could do is give it a kiss." He suddenly said. The nimrod is awake.

"That's cute." I said and lean over to kiss his cheeks but he weaved so my lips touch his. "Wow, that's cheating, cheater!"

"Good morning to me." He said with a yawn. "Now, make me breakfast wench!" He said playfully.

---

In the middle of eggs and sausages, he asked. "What do you want to do today?"

I took a deep breath, "How much trouble are we looking at if we went out of Camp John Hay?"

"You want to go around Baguio?"

"If it's okay or even possible?"

He smiled at me. Of course, I know that if I want it I can have it. It's always like this with Jax. I may have rejected the notion before but now that we're alone with no cameras it felt so real and more potent.