Chapter 12 | the turning point

Five days into this shoot and I feel like I am losing my mind. I’m barely surviving school and, apparently, Miss Zoe Ventura doesn’t really care how tired I am. Her make-up artist called in sick (sick of her, perhaps), her manager is out-of-the-country for his sister’s wedding (Zoe can’t believe Jiggy chose his sister’s wedding rather than bask in her superstar glory) and of course, Jax Rizo still refuses to bed her (which I don’t understand, they are practically made for each other).

We are shooting at this beautiful house, inside one of the most exclusive subdivisions in Manila. It has tall glass windows, high ceiling and heavy, monochrome furniture – very minimalist. Super masculine and perfect for Jax Rizo’s character for this movie. As much as I love the ambience of the set today, I just can’t shake that Zoe’s been throwing a fit since I arrived here around eight in the evening and still going on at ten o’clock – two freakin’ hours later! I am mentally strangling her.

“IT IS LIKE I CAN’T FIND HELP AROUND HERE. WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE BEING PAID FOR? GOSH!” I can hear her inside the house’s guest room, made to be the casts’ dressing area. She’s inside with Jax (who is still silent and weird, a far-cry from the guy he is in his apartment) and also Tory, of course.

I was staring at the door, holding two plastic containers of the chicken and salad Zoe requested. She refuse to eat the “greasy” food from the craft service. I don’t want to go in there and see her. Ugh.

“You have to…” I guess I said my thoughts out loud. Direk Boy was suddenly beside me, he’s holding a plate of gambas pasta (the caterer’s special). Direk boy, a multi-awarded director, is eating from the staff buffet and Zoe Ventura, bombshell with no brains, can’t. I look over Direk with pitiful eyes and he just laughed at me. “Go on, kid.” He said and left me to it.

I sighed and I went inside the room. With a smile on my face, “Miss Zoe, your dinner just arrived.” I place the containers on her table.

“About time! What the hell took you so long?” Still with the attitude, eh?

“Sorry po kasi the delivery man had a hard time entering the subdivision; we did a couple arrangements pa. But it is here now, so please enjoy.” She was opening the containers as I was speaking. She doesn’t look happy. Why, na naman?

“Ew, I can’t eat this. The chicken is dripping with oil and the salad isn’t fresh.” Picking one piece of lettuce between her perfectly, manicured nails. “My system can’t handle this. You should know that! Why are so stupid. Ugh, how hard is your job PA girl, that you can’t seem to do anything right?”

I am about to burst. However, I did what I do best – kept calm, no matter how many pairs of eyes are staring at us now. This is embarrassing.

She moved towards me, inching closer to my face. Her voice soft but menacing, damn she’s one hell of an actress. “You know if you stop throwing yourself at Jax Rizo and start doing your job – maybe you’ll get it right. You impossible, delusional...” She smiled and took it home “…slut”.

That stings. I am insanely pissed at Zoe. Behind me, I heard gasps and nervous intake of breaths. I did the same but what stroke my nose is the smell of fabric conditioner and clean after-shave. I curled my hands and Zoe… got punched – but it wasn’t my fist.

I heard Tory’s voice and other concern murmur around the room. Before I could even register what’s going on, I was grabbed by the arm, raced out of the house and shoved inside a black Range Rover Sport.

I am still in shock. Jax Rizo punched Zoe Ventura. Someone call the gossip police.

_________________________

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful comments! I appreciate it so much. ♥