chapter 35 | promising

It was a beautiful morning for me. I remembered everything from last night which is rare. It's either I'm too drunk or super drunk. I remembered the smell of her hair, the feel of her skin and the curve of her waist... Damn, the things I'm imagining at night. I won't talk about it further because I don't want you pervs to experience the amazing night I had with Nati. Well, it was very PG. But it's doing things to me. In here. Not there. In my heart... Jesus, people! Chill. But you know, maybe a little down there. I'm a guy, sorry not sorry.

You see last night, in the middle of the track 'Girls', she complained about leaving her hair tie in my car. So, she pulled her hair up and slid it over to the side. For some reason, Matt Healy's voice faded to nothing and was replaced by one of those sexy ballads Nati likes. There it was her nape kissed by the small tendrils of her hair. I thought before that it was sexy but glistening with sweat, OH MY GOD. I want to nibble on it and I almost did before she jumped up and down as Matt Healy unbuttoned his shirt. That douche...

But it was a great night, regardless. After the concert, I gave her my hoodie because it's freezing and she asked me to wear her snapback again. We walked from the Arena whilst holding hands and went back to my car. Happy that my Range Rover was in mint condition when we got back to it, I drove her home.

I am seeing her again this afternoon. We are shooting at Atticus's house, the same one that we shot in when I punched Zoe (yeah, yeah you know that story). It will be amazing. I looked over my alarm clock and it was only eight in the morning. I can still make it to the gym.

So, I did. Ian, my gym-buff friend, trained me today.

"You are looking good..." He said with a surprising tone.

"Why is it so surprising?"

He smirked while staring me as I do pull-ups. "Do three reps," he ordered and added, "Well, because when you go out at night you are not usually this enthusiastic. I was shocked that you called for a 9 AM workout. Date got you frustrated last night?"

I laughed. "It wasn't a date. I took Nati to a concert. We were home by 11."

"What? Nati? Your new co-star?"

"Again, why is it surprising?"

"Is that for publicity stuff?"

"No. We were in disguise. At least I am."

"So, what's the deal?"

"For the third time, why is it so surprising? She's my friend. We both like The 1975 and we were just two people sharing an experience..." I sounded lame, I know. God, forgive me. I'm doing pull-ups right here.

Ian looked at me like I've grown two heads, "Are you kidding me, man? The only experience you shared with the opposite sex is well, sex... You can't have female friends because you can't help but to bang them all."

I finished my reps and hit him with my towel, "I have female friends, you idiot."

He laughed at me, "Who? Someone you didn't bang. Except Tory. She's like your mom."

I wiped my sweat and thought for a while...

"See?" Ian said. "Do you want to screw this chick? What happened to never-get-involved-with-a-co-star rule?"

"No. Nati is not like that. We are friends." I drank my water. I think I am done sweating out for the day.

"Dude, you can't hang out with this girl."

"Why?"

He looked at me seriously. "Because you just can't. It's not her, it's us. How we live and how we function. Well you, especially. It would either be you hook up and she'll hate you or you'll lead her on and she'll eventually..."