Chapter 19 | cinde-fckn-rella

Present time. Rizo's filthy apartment.

She just left. Like Cinde-fucking-rella.

Believe it or not, I understand why she had to leave that night. Remember when she asked me if I find all that had happened weird? Yes, that part. The time she asked it, I knew what she meant. Nati is the kind of girl who lives in her own time - in her own reality. She dreads it when she finds herself in a remotely strange situation. I am the strange situation. When I studied her eyes, I knew then how she saw me... unpredictable, unreliable, fiction.

I knew it then that it won't end up pretty. Now, I'm a mess. She doesn't want me. She never wanted me.

But as arrogant as I am, I failed to recognize that.

----

I arrived in my apartment and Tory was there with cigarette in hand. You know she's stressed. You also know that I am in trouble.

I entered my living room and saw that Tory is not the only one there. There's my publicist, my lawyer, and two other people typing on their Macbook Pros.

Flicking the cigarette with all-commanding stance, Tory said. "Let's talk."

Let's just say Tory threw a dozen "fuck you", "idiot", "incorrigible" and my new favorite "primate-in-a-hot-man's-body". Tory is a damn poet.

After that, I am beyond confident that all my problems were handled. I'd love to spare the gory details but I know how curious you are on the updates of my celebrity life.

So, here's a summary. It turns out Zoe won't be doing the movie anymore. Are you seriously shocked? Me, too. If I only knew before that punching Zoe could help get rid of her, I've done it earlier. Jiggy and Zoe are suing me and Tory, hence the need of the lawyer. We settled to pay for her nose job and a vacation to Maldives for two. My publicists also discussed with Zoe's agent the press release that says "Zoe and I have mutually parted from each other as loveteam for our respective career growth but we will remain friends and are willing to work with each other again in the future." Ha! Not in a million years for me.

Direk Boy called and confirmed that the producers are willing to wait for whatever delays this incident might cause. They'll be casting a new partner for me. Direk also said that the story was too good to be cancelled. Direk Boy sounds stressed. He's a good man and I felt sorry for him.

As for the lady who claims to be my mother, a press statement was sent to all major TV and radio stations saying that the lady is fucking delusional. I can't say anything more about this. Of all the fucked-up mess in my life, this pisses me off the most.

See? I've told you, Tory is an angel. But as amazing as these sounds, she didn't update me on what will happen to Nati.

"That's all?" I asked Tory who is sitting on my kitchen island, typing emails.

"Yes, why? Is there anything you want to ask specifically?" She emphasized the word "specifically". If I won't consider Tory's age and my father's distinctive taste in women, I would have believed that Tory is my mom. She can always read my mind.

"Nothing," I said. I started walking towards my room.

Tory called out, "She's still on the movie's payroll if that's what you are asking. I swear to God that girl has nine freakin' lives."

I didn't look back at Tory, I went into my room and lay on the bed and smiled.

I remembered Nati's nonchalant arrogance when she said, "Huwag na. Alam ko that you have an entire army to help you with everything but I'm not your charity case. I can take care of myself."

Oh, she sure can.