Chapter Four

Angel's Pov
Wiping the sweat from my forehead I casually leaned my sword propped into ground leaning on it. Even though all my life I had done training to be the best knight I could be. It's always perfect to touch up on skills and what not.

A few others knights where out here on the training grounds as well. I shut my eyes to get a better feel of the sun and the heat beating down.

"Hey Angel how long do you think this marriage will last?" I fluttered my eyes a couple times, before I ran my hair through my new short hair, focusing on Roxie and Jonas two knight's I considered myself really good friends with. 

"If I'm honest I have not a single clue it seems like Aria seems happy with Griffith." I chuckled watching Roxie stare at me amused the slight breeze going through her own long blonde hair. With a set of desk forest green eyes staring at me.

"Griffith seems to avoid her at all cost." Jonas pointed out snickering to himself he then yanked out a arrow form his pack shooting it at the target hung up through the tree.

"That is also very true." I chuckled a little.

"I don't think, he was suppose to stay here, I think he was just passing through and got caught in a huge web." I gestured Roxie walked around me waving her sword around muttering to herself.

"Speak as if the devil came she shall appear." Roxie snickered in my ear making me sigh I spun around seeing Aria was making her way over towards the training grounds. When I needed to practice we usually switch shifts so people can sleep and what not

"Oh Angel I need your help. " I heard her loud exclaiming. "Good luck with that." Jonas laughed patting my shoulders while I sank my own down, sighing nibbling harshly at my lip.

I leaned against my sword handle more focusing on Aria when she looked at me in surprise.

"Oh you cut your hair- have you done something shameful?" She questioned tilting her head.

"Sadly not all of us can sleep with many men Aria, with it short it's easier to work." I flashed her a  fake smile when she glared deeply at me huffing her smile fading at her little joke.

"Like you can find a man to bed you!" I snickered folding my arms a little my bob like hair blowing in the breeze.

"What's your question?" I gestured with my hands.

"What does Griffith like? We are nearing closer to our wedding and I'm excited but I don't exactly know what sort of things he likes." I found myself staring at her and opened my mouth for a quick minute.

"Have all you've been doing is staring at him and thinking he is handsome? He isn't even my husband Aria and I know what things he likes.  He likes reading and the library he also likes tea, and staying up night to watch the moon and stars, sometimes he tries to count them, he also always has this necklace on."

I gestured to my neck and saw everyone was staring at me quite shocked even Roxie seemed impressed.

"Wow I'm amazed someone listens to me." I perked a little bit saw Griffith as well had made his way over with a few books under his arm.

"Hello, Griffith." I greeted him flashing a smile which he returned lightly.

"I was correct no matter your hair length you are beautiful." I felt my brown cheeks grow with warmth but I waved him off.

"You flatter me too much." I laughed off watching Aria glare a little bit she grabbed at his arm.

"My love what are you doing out here?" She asked fluttering her eyes a few times.

"Oh I was in the garden reading but I took a walk for a bit." He smiled a little taking a peek at me after he kissed her cheek.

"Actually I was wondering if Angel didn't have any duties, I haven't spared in a while would you like to be my sparing partner?" He asked interested.

"Sure." I answered with a grin leaning off my sword picking it up from the ground "Uh! Darling shouldn't we be preparing more for the wedding." Aria stammered out gripping his arm tightly.

Griffith just stared at her chuckling quietly "Aria it's okay to take a break once and a while, so come on Angel show me what you got." He set his books down on the grass taking off the top layer of his shirt.

I was distracted by the sudden exposed chest his necklace falling back on place, while he pulled his hair back.

"Think you can keep up with me?" I chuckled placing my sword to rest on my shoulders, watching Griffith stare at me laughing again.

"The question is can you keep up with me?" Roxie handed him her sword to him before she pulled me to the side for a moment.

"Angel okay correct me if I'm wrong but... I think Aria soon to be husband is into you."