"I never said that I was," Jasmine pushed out. Relief rushed through her when Mason pulled away.

"It's something nice to aim for," Mason went on conversationally. "Misty has those really nice, toned muscles I like to see on women."

"This sounds like something you should be saying to Misty," Jasmine pointed out. Despite the sweat beginning to dot her brow, Jasmine felt as Trinka was still too far. Though, perhaps the sweating had more to do with the heat than anything else.

"I would but Misty isn't going to answer me."

"I'm beginning to see why," Jasmine mumbled. The moment it was out her mouth, she realized she might as well say it out louder. A vampire like him would have heard her easily, anyway.

If Jasmine's words bothered Mason, he didn't show it. He skipped around her body, saddling up to Misty's stoic side. The girl didn't even blink as Mason began peering at her. It was quite disconcerting to have someone start at you for so long, but Misty didn't seem to care at all. Nothing fazed the girl.

"You mind telling me more about yourself, Misty?" Mason asked. Of course, Misty said nothing.

And so he asked again. And then, when she failed to give him a response, he asked her something different. And then kept on talking while Misty kept her silence and Jasmine learned to block him out. She focused ahead of her instead, on Trinka's head of hair fast growing more detailed and the two people with her. She was right about the fact that one of them was Wendy, her blond hair drifting through the wind. And the other...

"Mommy?"

Jacey Wynter lifted her chin at Jasmine's voice, a slight smile appearing on her lips. Jasmine picked up the pace, nearly running towards them now. As usual, Jacey was dressed in a pair of loose jeans pants and a simple shirt, her black coily hair braided around her head.

"Nice to see that you remember who I am, Jasmine," Jacey said once Jasmine was upon them. "If it were up to you, I would never hear from you."

"Oh, please," Jasmine responded instantly. "You know that I've been keeping in contact even though I've been busy with school and adjusting to...all this."

"And you have been adjusting so well!" Trinka twirled into the midst of the conversation with all the flourish she commanded. She wore a peach dress that flared at her hips. Jasmine had a suspicion she was wearing a petticoat underneath. She came to Jasmine's side, putting her hands on both of Jasmine's shoulders as expensive perfume wrapped around her. "You should see how naturally this all comes to her, Jacey! It is almost as if she has been born in a coven herself."

"I simply raised her well," Jacey stated, her tone not as warm as usual. "That is all."

Trinka wasn't bothered by it. "I have no doubt about it. Now, Jasmine, aren't you curious as to why we called you here?"

"A bit," Jasmine admitted. She looked from her mother to Trinka to the twins who were standing side by side watching them.

"Don't mind them." Trinka waved a dismissive hand at the Falz twins. "They're only bored, it seems. They have nothing to do with what we will be doing today."

"And what will we be doing?" Jasmine probed.

"Training, of course!"

With that said, Trinka whirled away, her skirts flashing with her. The simple pearls hanging from her ears shook and jumped with her every move. No matter what she did, she was the center of attention. And she was thriving.

"Training?" Jasmine echoed. She glanced at Jacey, frowning. "Training for what exactly?"

Jacey was the one who responded. "For yourself. Your own safety. I do not feel safe leaving you solely in the hands of these vampires, though I am grateful for all that they are doing. And I regret never telling you about who you really are. But from now, that will change."