SEVEN: admitted crushes

Start from the beginning

She played the last couple of notes before stopping. Emilia looked back up to see Julie and Flynn totally amazed.

"That's an incredible song, Em," Julie voiced.

Flynn nodded in agreement. "I like it. Definite Gaga vibes."

"Thank you," Emilia responded. "And with Julie's vocals added to it and the boys playing, it'll definitely be, well, great."

"You know what else is great?" Julie asked. "You having a crush on Luke."

Emilia's face immediately burned red. "What? Um, n-no, definitely not. The only Luke I like is Luke Hemmings."

Julie sent her a pointed look. "Emilia."

Emilia looked in between her and Flynn. They were both staring at her expectantly. And with the two of them knowing her better than she knew herself, Emilia couldn't exactly lie about her feelings to them.

She sighed, finally caving in. "Okay, okay, fine. He's incredibly cute and has the most amazing smile that I've probably ever seen. Are you happy now?"

Flynn smirked. "Extremely."

Emilia shook her head. "There's no way it would ever happen, though. I mean, he's a ghost and definitely would never like me back—"

"Woah," Julie interrupted. "Em, are you kidding? That boy looks at you like you like you're the only girl on the planet. Not to mention he's the only one who calls you Lia, you've shared a microphone on both songs we've sang as a band, and that he sneaks glances at you when you're not looking. I think that's a sign he feels something for you."

"And you can touch him," Flynn added. She paused for a moment. "Yet he's still made of air to the rest of us."

Julie hit her arm. "Shut up. She hasn't had a crush in such a long time."

"I just don't want you to get hurt, Em," Flynn admitted. "But it's no secret that you and Luke have a connection. Everyone's talking about when all of you guys will play again."

"Play again?" Julie inquired incredulously. "We don't even have anything planned."

Emilia pointed to the girl. "She's right. All Luke and I have been focused on is writing songs."

"Lucky for the two of you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you," Flynn stated.

Julie's eyebrows knit in confusion. "We don't have a marketing team."

Flynn then pulled out a flyer from her backpack that read Julie, Emilia, and their Hologram Band: tonight at the dance. "Yes, you do! And surprise! You're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too." She handed the flyer to Emilia, and Julie rushed around the piano to get a better look at it. "I posted it all over social media. You have an excellent marketing team."

"No," Julie protested. "No. This is in front of the whole school."

Flynn's phone buzzed, and she took it out of her pocket to check it. "Sorry, you already have sixty-eight likes."

"Oh my God, Flynn," Emilia let out, scrambling up from the piano bench and following after the girl. "Flynn!"

"You're not getting out of it!"