The Confrontation

Sasha’s heart thuds as she stares, captivated by her ex’s empty body. “What have you done…” She whispers. Although her voice Is too low for the boy to hear, he looks to the ground and replies.

“He hurt you.” He nods towards the violet bruises on her arms, her swollen, bloody lip and   tear streaked face.

“Wha...How do you know?” He murmurs something that doesn’t reach her ears. “How do you know?” She demands again. He lifts his bright eyes and hold strong eye contact. “I watch over you...It’s hard to explain. Oh hell.” He sit’s on the grass and holds his amazing face in his hands. “I’ve never felt like this to a human before! It’s..it’s strange. I shouldn’t WANT you to survive...but I do...and...I like it.” He looks up at her again, admiring her pretty face. Sasha starts to feel dizzy. This beautiful...blood drinking boy..just killed my ex because...because he has feelings for me? Oh shit. She starts to stumble backwards, still holding his gaze. As tears start to fill her green eyes, she turns and sprints back into the forest.

****************

 Sasha shuffles  to her room. Leaning against a  wall, she slowly slides down and puts her head in her hands. Memories from her abusive relationship come surge into her mind. Shoving her face into a pillow to smother her screams of agony,  she lets the tears pour.

Sasha’s ex boyfriend Max, had serious issues. He would constantly attack her, on some occasions knock her out. Then he would let her fall to the ground and kick her in the rips, or face. She suffered many broken bones, dislocations and even ended up in hospital. All because she wouldn’t go to a party with him, or sleep with him. Any reason really. Around 4 months into the horrific realationship, she swirled into a deep depression, refusing to eat or even get out of bed. With the help of her friends and family she recovered.  Just a few hours earlier, Max had pushed Sasha from a window, ignoring the pain of a sprained wrist, she ran into the forest. Having been doing sprints for years, she outran him. Although she knew that he couldn't keep up with her, she didn’t stop until she ended up in the meadow... and saw that boy...Vampire.  Surely he must be a vampire, Sasha was known to have a very dull imagination. She couldn’t possibly have conjured a beautiful vampire boy! Either that or she’s crazy…She stands and collapses onto her bed. That’s when she notices the small note pinned to her lamp. Cautiously reaching to it, her hand shakes. It reads:

Did I scare you..? Her heart starts to pound again, her head swirling. Her eyes nervously search around the small room. A small shreik escapes her lips. The boy sit's in the rocking chair in her room. Not 2 metres away from her. "What the fuck are you doing here..? Who are you?....What are you?"

“I came to see you...My name is Lance Remington. And I'm..well I'm a vampire. But don't worry, I won't eat you." He has a voice like velvet. He flashes a crooked smile as he speaks. "I'm a good guy."

"Your a vampire." Sasha mumbles in a flat, toneless voice.  "And you killed him." Her huge moss colored eyes fill with tears once again."

"Do you hate me?" He whisperes.

"Why would I hate you? I don't even know you!"

“Because I killed him.” He ducks his head, black hair falling into those deep, dark eyes. 

“I don’t hate you, I thank you. You saved me.” Her voice breaks. "But I want to know you. You say you care about me...Prove it." Lance stands and slowly walks over to Sasha's bed. His eyes sparkle with exitement. 

"Yes Sasha, I will prove it. Thank you for...for excepting me." He gently wipes a tear from her face.

"Where do you wanna start?" She shows a tiny smile.

"How about why I chose you.?"

"Sure."