✚ In Sickness and In Health ✚

Sasha is the type of girl who is never completely happy with how she looks. Max destroyed any of the confidence and self esteem that she has. According to Max she's an ugly, worthless peice of shit. According to Lance she's one of a kind, amazing, unbelievable. She often thinks her eyes are too big, her hair too thick and curly or her legs too thin. Most teenage girls worry about looking too fat, Sasha was gthe complete opposite. She longs for her shoulder blades to not jut out so violently, for her waist to gain a curve and for her legs to gain shape. Although she weighs a healthy 51 KGS. As she wakes up the morning after her nightmare, she shivers slightly as she feels cool fingers delicatly brushing her wild auburn curls from her face. Shock ripples through her body as she turns and forces her knee into Lance's rock hard stomach. "Argh! Holy fucking shit!!! Ouch!" She screams as excrutiating pain tore through her. Glancing down at her shattered knee cap, Lance swings her into his arms and swiftly wipes away the tears that stream down her face. He runs through the house with in-human speed and doesn't stop until he reaches the ER. It's until he gets there that he realized she has passed out in his arms.

**************************************************************************************************************

"Mm.." Sasha mumbles as she wakes in a crackly hospital bed. A warm, clammy hand clutches her own as she finds herself staring into Dana (her mother's) frantic eyes. "Sasha, baby are you OK?"

"Where am I?" Sasha mumbles drowzily.

"In the hospital babe. You hurt your leg. Your knee cap is broken in several places and the doctors operated on it. Does your leg hurt?"

"A little..It's numb-ish."

"That's good, means your pain killers are working. Your leg is in a cast but you can switch to a brace in four weeks if you want." 

"K Mum." Sasha nods, scrutinizing the violent purple shadows under her mothers eyes. "When did you last get sleep?"

"I've been awake around 24 hours..I wanted to be there when you woke up...Should I go?"

"Yeah. Go get some sleep, I'll be fine."

"Kay babe. I'll be back around noon." As Dana turns to leave the room, Sasha notices that her and Dana are the only two in the room.

"Mum, where's Lance?" Dana's face clouds with confusion as she turns back to Sasha.

"Who's Lance..?"

"My boyfriend! Mum I've been going out with him for a month! Remember?!?!' Dana chuckles at her daughters exasperated exppression.

"Oh that boy you never stop talking about! Well there was a pale and gothic yet amazingly georgeus boy in here a few hours ago but I think he went home to sleep." Sasha noda again, knowing Lance's deep secret - right this minute he would be hunting animals. The last thing Sasha saw before falling asleep was the digital clock by her bed reading 2:38 Am. 

***********************************************************************************************

"Mornin' Lovie!" A chubby, bleached blond nurse cries as she wobbles into Sasha's ward at 9:00 sharp. "How are you feeling this mornin'?"

"Pretty sore - ouch!" Sasha winces as a needle is shoved into her arm. Nausea sweeps through her as the nurse refills her IV bag with a revoulting yellow liquid. Some kind of pain relief must bein the needle in her arm because the ache in her leg slowly begins to fade. 

"Well hon I talked to your doctor and he said you should be ready to go home in 5-7 days. Then you'll have a cast on for 3 more weeks and after that you'll have a brace for another 2 weeks. The break was pretty bad so chances are you'll be doing some physio therapy after that to get your joints moving well again and decrease your chances of Arthritis. Does that sound good?"

"I gues.." Sasha mumbled. Secretly she thought the whole physio thing was a big waste of time. Why not just make her go for a jog every morning or something? 

"Also test results show that you haven't been taking care of your Diabetes..." 

SHIT! Sasha thinks as she blushes  a deep crimson. Diabetes is the bain of her life, she hates it. 5 years earlier her weight  plummeted and she started to have fainting spells. After numerous tests and doctors visits she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This requires Sasha to inject insulin into her stomach twice a day and watch what she eats. Too little or too much sugar can get her into the hospital. Lately she has been avoiding taking her Insulin shots because of Lance. She doesn't

t want him or anyone else to know, the only people who do know were a few familly members and her best friend Ruby.  Lance is often at Sasha's house when it's time to take her Insulin shots. She's too ashamed to tell her boyfriend about her sickness. Sasha's mind flickeres back to when she told Ruby about the diabetes. It was 2 weeks after her diagnoses and the two 10 year olds were walking home from their primary school.

"Ruby..You know how I've been..sick?"

"Yep. You losted heaps of weight and you look really white and you spewed up in my bed!!"  Ruby grimaced.

"Yeah..Roo do you know what diabetes is?"

"Course, my big cousin Ally has it. She can't eat lollies and has to have yucky injections."

"Great, you know what it is. I have it.." The words tumbled out of Sasha's mouth  as she burst into floods of tears. Ruby threw her arms around her best friend.

"It's OK Sashie, It's gonna be OK...We'll be OK."

( <3 Friendship ッ )