Love will tear us apart.

It’s easy to let happiness take over. Even on your darkest days you can let the bubbling feeling tingle your senses, filling you with joy. Sasha really should be fearing her life, but it’s hard to be afraid when you have an army of strong vampires protecting you from your nightmares. It’s a sunny Monday morning, Sasha sits on the edge of her bed, injecting herself with insulin. Lance calmly watches from the chair in the corner, admiring the way the sun glints off her auburn curls.

“I really do love you, you know.” He says matter-of-factly. Sasha rolls her eyes at him, packing up her needles.

“’Course, you make it pretty clear.” She stands up and goes over to sit on his lap. “I love you too, you strong, sexy, immortal dream.” She nuzzles his neck, inhaling his scent. “And your smell.”

“I got a text from Raegan this morning. They’ve lost track of Demitri, in France. They think he might’ve gone towards Germany. They’re splitting up to find him.”

“...What a way to ruin a moment.” Sasha gets off him  and wanders over to her mirror to apply some mascara. “I’m not worried you know. I trust your friends.”

“You haven’t even met them.”

“I know. But I still feel safe. I don’t know why, I just do.”

Lance’s phone suddenly starts vibrating madly, it flashes to his ear and he starts murmuring into it, too low for Sasha’s mortal ears. His eyes flash with anger as he hangs up.

“Is something wrong?” Sasha suddenly doesn’t feel so safe.

“You need to go with my friends.”

“What?!” She gasps, her eyes wide with panic.

“You just do.”

“Lance, what’s happened.”

“Nothing, you just have to go.”

“LANCE FUCKING TELL ME WHAT’S HAPPENED NOW!” She growls, Lance flinches under her deathly womanly glare.

“Demitri’s coming to find me. He doesn’t want you at the moment, he just wants me. He wants to fight me, destroy me.” Lance’s face is a mask of misery.

"Am I still in danger?"

“Yes. You and everyone else in this god forsaken town. He’s a blood thirsty monster who will kill anyone he can. There will be blood on the streets, the newspapers blowing up with missing people and murders.” For once Sasha has no words. A deep, dark cloud of depression rests deep in her chest.

“Why me.” She whimpers as Lance pulls her into his arms.

“He just wants his revenge. But I promise I will never let him touch you.”

“I don’t want to die.”

“I know.”

“It’s not fair.” Tears start to pour down her porcelain cheeks.

“I know.”

“I don’t want to leave you.:

“I know that too. But you have to. They will be here soon, I’ll help you pack.” Sasha sits numbly on her bed as Lance packs her bag. When she’s not looking he slides in a love letter to her.

“Just in case.” He whispers to himself. Suddenly there’s another Vampire standing next to him, smothering him in a huge hug.

“It’s good to see you.” The beautiful Raegan smiles, taking Sasha’s bag. She vanishes for a moment but appears again without the bag. She sits next to Sasha and gives her a huge hug. “Hey Honey I’m Raegan. Me and my friends are going to help you, nothing can hurt you with us around.”

“Thanks.” Sasha whispers, her voice cracking.

“I’ll uhh leave you too alone.” Raegan murmers before vanishing out the window again.

“Please don’t leave me.” Sasha wails. “I’m so much better with you around! Before I met you...I was a mess. Nothing was right in my life, I was suicidal. You’ve completed me, I can’t live without you Lance.”

“Sasha just stop. Your making this harder than this needs to be. Just please, get in the car with Raegan and our friends and I WILL see you again. This is NOT goodbye you understand?!?” Lance growls. “I promise.” Sasha nods meekly as Lance carries her outside and helps her into the car to meet her fate.