Deadly Companions

Sasha’s eyes flutter open to reveal what must be a cheap motel room. Raegan sits on the floor by her bed, staring intently out the window. “Raegan? Where the fuck are we?” Raegan doesn’t look up, instead she cocks her head to the side and listens to something Sasha cannot hear before answering.

“A motel.”

“Oh like I didn’t already figure that one out..”

“Shh.”

“Don’t “shh” me.” Sasha scowls. Although she knows Raegan only wants to help her, she doesn’t feel safe in her company. She wants to be with others..with humans..

“Shh.” Raegan frowns at her before speaking again. “Try not to make much noise.”

“Why..”

“We’re not supposed to be here.”

“What?” She’s nuts. Sasha thinks.

“We didn’t book this place out, just took it. I’ve got Mathew making sure no one comes in here. Although if they do find us we can leave fast enough.”

“I wanna see Lance.”

“Yeah well you can’t.”

“I want to see him.” Sasha frowns at herself for her impulsive behaviour, What’s happening to me?

“Sasha I said you can’t, now be quiet.” Sasha can see Raegan getting angrier and angrier.

“Make me!” Suddenly Raegan’s face is inches away from Sasha’s, a deep vicious growl erupts from her chest.

“Remember pretty girl, I can make sure you never see your little boyfriend ever again, so shut the fuck up before I rip your head off k?”

“Yes Ma’am.” Sasha feels herself going paler, the blood rushing from her porcelain cheeks as she considers how safe this situation actually is. Raegan growls at her again before going back to the window.

“You’re gonna die you know.” She calmly says, smiling pleasantly at Sasha.

“I thought -”

“Hey Sasha! How was your sleep?” Mathew asks as he bursts into the room, a huge grin on his immaculate immortal face. “Great news, Lance called and-”

“Lance called? How is he? Is he ok? Did he ask to talk to me? Did he-” Sasha interrupted and she began to panic, her eyes growing wider.

“Sasha, shut the fuck up and let him finish.” Raegan glares at the innocent human before turning back to Mathew. “What did Lance say?

“He says that him and Arianne know exactly where Demitri is, and they’re trying to corner him and kill him.”

“Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this pathetic human, I mean Lance can find someone else to fuck.” Raegan rolls her eyes.

“Raegan! It’s not like that, we’re in love.” Sasha protests.

“I don’t want to hear it!”

“Raegan, calm down.” Mathew pleads. “What’s up with you? I thought you wanted to help Lance save Sasha.”

“Why would I want to risk my life for someone I don’t even know, or want to know? She’s human Mathew, we don’t associate with humans for a reason. Cause they’re our food.”

“Raegan please just - wait where’s Sasha going?” Mathew tries to make amends with his mate as Sasha promptly stands up and walks out of the bedroom.

 “I’m sick of this! If you won’t want to help me then don’t and don’t fight about it either! I just want to see Lance before I die. You guys are  right, I’m going to die. I accept that, I don’t want anyone to have to die for me because I’m not fucking worth it so stop wasting you’re time and breath and just take me back to Lance so I can die happy, because quite frankly that’s all I want right now.” Sasha takes heavy breaths as she rants at the lethal vampires standing before her. Raegan is the first to speak up.

“She’s right honey, we don’t need to save her. Just because we’re Lance’s friends doesn’t mean we have to run around after his little human soul mate who he wont even make the change for her. The only way I’m helping him is by killing her or changing her into one of us. Either or, although i’d rather kill her.”

“Raegan I hate to say this but shut.the.fuck.up. Just for once, ok? And Sasha, you are worth it! Lance has wandered around for years with no one to share his amazing life with and finally he’s found you! If you get killed he will never, ever find someone to be with ever again. And I could never forgive myself if I let you die.” Mathew pleads, Sasha of course doesn’t listen.

“I’m going to find Lance, and I’m going to say goodbye. And you can’t fucking stop me.” Sasha takes a step towards the door, glances back at them and runs out, one step closer towards her destiny.