The first time I came here was when I had run away from my house. Chris had come home drunk, as usual, and I just knew he'd come after me.

So I snuck out of my window and ran, until I found myself at a park. Ever since then I've come here every morning. I sat down on the bench and breathed in the fresh, cool breeze that I never get to feel that often. Birds flew past me singing softly and in that moment, I get at peace.

I laid down on the bench, and stayed there trying to live in this moment for as long as I could.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

My eyes opened slowly, and I woke up confused. Where am I? I looked around me and my face paled as I finally realised I was at the park.

I FELL ALSEEP!! Chris is gonna kill me. My heart pounded.

I quickly got up and sprinted to my house, knowing what was waiting for me.

My pounding heart got louder in my ears as I took the last few steps towards my house, not wanting to go inside.

Before I could even get to the door, it yanked open. Chris was standing there, a snarl on his lips and a twitch in his left eye. Uh-oh.

Without a care in the world, he grabbed me by my shirt and threw me onto the ground.

"I-I'm s-sorry!" I pleaded. "I won't d-do it again, please!"

His hands left my shirt and for a moment I thought he would leave me alone. He stood up, took a few steps back and drove his foot into side.

I let out an agonising scream once the kick hit me. I felt and heard my ribs breaking as he kicked me in the same place over and over again.

"WHO * THE FUCK *DO YOU THINK YOU ARE * LEAVING THIS HOUSE??!!" He screamed at me in between kicks. "YOU NEVER FUCKING LEARN DO YOU?? WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO OBEY ME IN THIS HOUSE?" He continued screaming at me but this time, he kneeled down driving his fists into my face and stomach.

"AAHHHHHH!!" I screamed out as his fists came in contact with my head.

Maybe this is the end for me. He's gonna kill me once and for all.

My screams silenced as I felt myself slowly drifting out of consciousness.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" An unfamiliar voice shouted but it seemed like a whisper to me.

Right before I blacked out for the second time in two days, I felt the body of Chris being dragged off of me and faintly heard sirens in the background.

They are too late.

I caught a glimpse of a woman with brunette hair kneeling in front me, before I finally fell unconscious.

——————————————————————————————————————
BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I groaned slightly as my eyes slowly opened.

Am I dead?

I turned my head to the side to see machines beside me and a wire in my arm. Obviously alarmed, I yanked the wire out and sat up frantically trying to figure out what was going on. A rapid beeping noise rang throughout the room making me cover my ears.

Nope, definitely not dead.

The door burst open and I immediately cowered back onto the bed, hiding under the covers slightly.

Instead of hearing Chris' voice, I heard a female voice telling me to relax and stay calm.

"Everything is okay sweetie, you're safe now okay? No one is gonna hurt you anymore." She tried reassuring me.

Something about her voice made me feel at peace so I decided to trust my instincts and slowly remove the covers from my face. A blonde woman stood before me in a blue shirt. I assumed she was the nurse.

"I'm gonna need to attach this wire back onto your arm, alright? It's just so you get all the fluids you need back into your body. It won't hurt you I promise." She softly attached the wire back onto my arm and just as she said, it didn't hurt. It was a pinch at most.

"What a-am I doing h-here?" I asked, still confused as to why I was in a hospital.

"Well what do you remember?" She asked me looking at me with sympathy.

It all came rushing back to me as if it was still happening.

Chris

Kick

Punch

"OBEY ME"

"WHEN WILL YOU LEARN"

I slowly sank back down onto my bed as the realisation kicked in. He tried to kill me. He put me in a hospital. The nurse probably realised I remembered what happened and thankfully changed the subject.

"Don't worry sweetie, you won't have to worry about that anymore. I do however have some news that will hopefully cheer you up!"

I looked at her slightly confused. What is she talking about?

"So just to clarify you've been here for 2 weeks. In that time we decided to take a DNA test to see if there is any other relative you'd be able to stay with." She informed me.

Before she could carry on, I quickly told her, "I don't have any."

"Um well that isn't entirely true." She continued. "So we got the results back from your DNA test. We've found your father and he is more than happy to take you in."

——————————————————————————————————————

*Authors Note*

So here is the second chapter. I tried to make this chapter long than the first which I'm pretty sure it is.

But anyways, hoped you enjoyed it, my next update will be tomorrow hopefully and we will find out what happens next.

~Slayy_babyy

*1305* words