Chapter 17

Izuku wasn't saying one word as Katsuki carried him to his room. His whole being was trembling, uncontrollable tremors travelling up and down his body. Tears were flowing out of his emerald eyes by the time they reached the King's quarters, soft sobs escaping his pink lips and filling the silence.

It was breaking Katsuki's heart.  

"Izuku..." Katsuki called as he gently put Izuku on the bed, cautious to not startle the tiny omega in any way. He was hating hearing the small heart-wrenching sobs coming out of Izuku, but he didn't know what he could possibly do to make him feel better.

"Y-you killed him..." Izuku murmured in a small trembling voice. His emerald eyes were cast down, desperately avoiding Katsuki's crimson gaze. 

"He shouldn't have touched what belongs to me." Katsuki lowly growled in response. He tried to contain his anger to not scare Izuku but the truth was he was burning with utter rage. Monoma had dared put his hands on Izuku. He had dared hurting his omega and was responsible for the tears Izuku was shedding. 

Katsuki couldn't possibly forgive this. 

The only sight of Izuku crying was making his heart ache and triggering anger without name deep inside him. He wished he hadn't killed Monoma on the spot but instead took the time to slowly torture the general, making him regret to have even thought about hurting Izuku. 

Katsuki felt intense wrath swell inside him again and tried to calm himself down. Right now, the most important was to take care of Izuku, to reassure him and comfort him.

So, he slowly reached out a hand to Izuku's cheek, wanting to gently wipe the omega's tears away. But Izuku suddenly flinched at the action. His emerald eyes widened and locked with Katsuki's crimson orbs, and, for the first time, Katsuki saw the utter fear inside the two green pools. 

He was almost left speechless at the sight, his heart momentarily stopping to beat as he realized Izuku's fear was in fact fear of him. 

"Are you scared of me...?" He silently asked, his voice only a whisper, and watched as Izuku almost flinched in response. 

Was Izuku scared of Katsuki? 

He had been terrified, the most he had ever been in all his life when he had thought Monoma was going to kill him. But then, he saw Katsuki sink his fangs into Monoma's neck and rip his throat off as if it were nothing. He so how easily Katsuki took Monoma's life away, without any effort nor any second thoughts...

It was what had terrified him the most. 

Izuku had never seen someone's death before. He had never seen someone kill someone else either but, seeing Katsuki do it, the man who was going to be his alpha, had shaken him up to the deepest of his core.

"H-how could I not be scared of you..?" Izuku shakily murmured. "Y-you could kill me whenever you want..." He trembled, realizing how utterly defenceless he really was against Katsuki. How weak and fragile he was compared to the powerful alpha...

"But I won't." Katsuki stated. He could see how terrified Izuku currently was and hated being the reason why. He didn't want Izuku to be scared of him. He didn't want this. 

"I-I don't know that..!" Izuku exclaimed. He curled up on himself and suddenly bursted into tears, his whole body shaking with his sobs. He felt so exhausted right now and everything, every emotion he was keeping inside was suddenly bursting out of him.

"T-the way you treat me is abusive, as if I'm your property..! You only care about my body..!" He cried out between sobs. Too many things had happened and he just couldn't take everything anymore.