Chapter 35 - Songwriting

Third Person POV

"So anyone have anymore ideas they want to put in?"

Boy Story are at the company building, working on a new song. This song will be different and won't match the theme and genre of their previous songs; it will show a completely new side of Boy Story that no one has seen before.

"I've been thinking of this one particular instrument or sound with a melody I thought of that might go well with what you have currently." Hanyu spoke up and told the producer.

"Of course, go ahead and show us." The producer kindly told him, moving out of the way for Hanyu.

The leader was able to find the right instrument he had in mind and played the recorded track while also playing his melody. When it had finished, a round of applause from the boys in the room echoed.

"Wow, you have a knack for producing, Hanyu. That fits in really well! We can replace the original melody with that one because I think it fits in better." The producer commended him before realising the time, "Sorry, boys, I've kept you here an extra half an hour. You can go now and we'll on this next time."

The boys thanked him for his hard work and left the room after packing their things. Their manager said to go down to their van once they're finished so he can drop them off at the dorm.

"It feels weird to do a song like that." Mingrui spoke up as the 6 of them walk towards the elevator.

"I'm so used to those hip-hop dance music songs we had before but now we moved on to something completely different." Zihao agreed, showing what he was saying through his dance moves.

"But it's not that different. It's similar concept to For U and Stay Magical." Hanyu remembers.

"Oh yeah. But that was AGES ago!" Zihao defended himself by pulling out that excuse.

The boys arrived at the van quicker than expected and stopped to conversation there as their manager was sure to ask why they took so long.

------------------------------------------------------

"No! This isn't right!" Xinlong said, ripping out a page in his notebook and crumpling it, throwing it into the bin beside him.

"You okay?" Hanyu, his roommate, asked him, wondering what made Xinlong this stressed.

"Nothing, nothing. It's fine." Xinlong told him, taking the bottle of watee beside him a talinga big sip out of it.

Xinlong had got the motivation from their lesson today to write a song for the girl he likes when the time comes to confess to her but it seems now that all that motivation has vanished.

He had tried to put in his own, meaningful words into it based on his thoughts and feelings during the memorable experiences he had with her but he can't seem to word it right.

Every line he writes and every phrases he thinks of makes him doubt himself, overthinking everything.

Is it good enough? Does it show how I really feel? Will she like it? These questions ran through Xinlongs head as he writes his song for the girl. This made him distracted and stressed out because he let his doubts get the best of him.

"It's definitely not nothing, Xinlong. Come on, you can tell me." Hanyu saw through him, wanting to know the real reason he was like this.

"I'm just... Trying to write a song but it's harder than it looks." Xinlong finally admits, putting down his pen and resting his head in his hands.

"Of course, it is. It takes time to write a song; you can't make one in a day." Hanyu tells him, "Let me see you you wrote so far."

The leader walks to the bin filled with a lot of crumpled paper and starts to take a few out to read them.

"No! Don't! It's... Weird. Don't read them." Xinlong tries to stop him but Hanyu already had gotten one opened and smoothed out. As he starts reading it, his face starts to turn into a concentrated expression.

"It's good, Xinlong, really good! But it's a love song... For who?" Hanyu smiles at him, leaning closer to hear Xinlong clearer.

"No one!" Xinlong says, not wanting to tell him who it really was for.

"Come on! You can't say this masterpiece for no one!" Hanyu says, following Xinlong around, who was trying to get away from his ge.

Fortunately for him, Xinlong was able to lock himself in the bathroom before Hanyu could follow him inside so he was forced to go back to their room without an answer as he knew Xinlong wouldn't go out of there until he left.

Hanyu wasn't sure about who the song was about but knew it was either 1 of the 2 people he was thinking about. To find out more, he took out his phone and took a picture of the throw away piece of paper. He sent the picture to Ari, asking her if the song lyrics match with any of the girls.

Ari❤:
This fits with 2 of the girls and I'm honestly not sure which one it is.

Hanyu:
I thought of 2 people as well. Are we thinking the same thing?

Ari❤:
Jianne and...

Hanyu:
... Xinya?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/n: I'm so distracted lately that my chapters as getting shorter. I have to try and add at least 100 more words to make it seem long enough. But I still hope the ones who still read this enjoy!

4/10/20

Word count: 927