Author's Note

(I know the Baby Yoda song is super random, but I couldn't help myself. It has a way of helping me feel better when I'm sad, so if you guys need a Baby Yoda hug just know there's one above! Speaking of which, this section does contain some spoilers for the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian.)

So that was my rewrite for The 100 Season 7. I hope you guys really enjoyed it. I had a great time writing it. My favorite parts to write were definitely 7x12, 7x14, and the fanfic version of my ending. Feel free to let me know your favorite part in the comments! And even if you didn't like it, that's also fine, but please keep the comments polite. Please also keep in mind that this is based off my own personal opinion of how the show should've ended, and it's obviously not going to be for everyone, especially for fans who don't ship Bellarke.

Regardless of how you felt about my rewrite, I'm still glad you took the time to read it. My name is Payton. I'm twenty-year-old autistic girl in her third year of college, and I'm no professional writer, though I certainly hope to be one day. I'm a nerd who loves Star Wars, Psych, and other awesome properties. I'm not the most popular user on the Internet. Believe me. I know. My one follower on this site is my mom, and the most reads I've ever gotten on one of my works is several hundred. It means a lot to me that out of all the things you could've done online today you chose to read my rewrite.

I'm a relative newcomer to The 100 fandom. I first discovered the show a couple years ago from a MsMojo video of all things and even then didn't truly get into it until I binge-watched the first six seasons on Netflix last summer. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed by Season 7, but even still I have no regrets about getting into the show. Seasons 1-6 and pre-Season 7 Bellarke will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus this show introduced me to Beliza, so no complaints there!

But in all seriousness, the real reason I wanted to write this author's note was because I wanted to say this. A few months ago, Flick Fanatics--the YouTuber behind my personal favorite Game of Thrones rewrite, which I've embedded below for your viewing pleasure--made a video looking back on Game of Thrones in which he said that he had no regrets about getting into the show in the first place and that he's even grateful for the heartbreak that the trashy final season gave him because it's what inspired him to do his rewrite.

Personally I feel the same principle applies to my relationship in The 100. Yeah, I do think it sucks that its final season didn't have the same level of epic storytelling and good heartbreak that the last seasons of some of my other favorite TV shows. For example, my favorite series finale of all time would have to go to Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and if the final scenes of The 100 had had the same emotional impact as Ahsoka somberly leaving her lightsaber with the makeshift graves she and Rex made for all the clone troopers--their fallen brothers, friends, and allies whom they were forced to kill--and then Darth Vader finding the lightsaber sometime later and subsequently losing one of the last vestiges of Anakin Skywalker still within him, it would've done a lot to improve my 2020. Same case if they had  been on the same level of the last scene of Season 2 of The Mandalorian. (Yes, I know this show is still ongoing, but I still think it's a good analogy.) Honestly, I don't think I've ever cried more watching Star Wars than when Din took his helmet off and told little Grogu that it was okay for him to leave with Luke.

) Honestly, I don't think I've ever cried more watching Star Wars than when Din took his helmet off and told little Grogu that it was okay for him to leave with Luke