7x05. Welcome to Bardo

Similar to 7x02, 7x05 was one of the few episodes this season I thought was actually more than okay, but for the sake of my rewrite it will be getting some tweaks. The episode will still explore Octavia's time on Bardo after the Disciples captured her and Diyoza on Skyring, but my twist is that it actually picks up right after Bellamy was captured on Sanctum. This makes it so this episode has this cool dichotomy of the Blakes having parallel storylines, which of course means we'll get to see M-Cap being used on Bellamy. My reasoning for doing this is because I feel it holds much more of an emotional impact if the Disciples get most of their intel on Clarke from him, since he obviously knows her better than anyone. Plus I think it's lame that they only ended up gathering intel from Octavia. I should also add that Bellamy's proctor during his M-Cap sessions is Conductor Doucette, which establishes their dynamic much earlier in the season. Bellamy does his best to fight off Doucette's attempts to read his memories of Clarke, to the point where his brain nearly starts hemorrhaging, but Doucette is still able to get some key intel by exploiting his love for those he cares about, particularly Clarke and Octavia. (At one point, Doucette even notes that it's funny Bellamy seems to care more about a girl he supposedly only sees as a friend than his actual girlfriend.) The Disciples also attempt to break his will by torturing him further, similar to what they do to Diyoza at the beginning of 7x06, but even then he still refuses to back down. After his last M-Cap session, Bellamy pretends to be brain-dead from losing so much blood to trick the Disciples sent to escort him back to his cell into letting down their guard. He then takes advantage of their moment of weakness to start overpowering them. He takes Doucette hostage and leads the fight into the Stone Room to manipulate Anders into setting him and Octavia free. We don't find out what happens afterward until Gabriel, Echo, and Hope view Octavia's memory of his "death" in the present storyline. However, my version of the episode ends with Bellamy being revealed to still be alive and on Etherea with Doucette. This helps eliminate the issue of Bellamy being gone for over half the season, as well as that of the audience being forced to wait several episodes to know what happened to him.