Late Night Conversations

I toss and turn seeing those snake eyes every time I close mine. And those words daughter of wolf ....daughter of warlock....cut....cloth...destined...greatness repeat themselves over and over.
What if snake lady is the link I have been missing all along?
Now I definitely can't sleep.
I toss off my covers and slowly get out of bed. I hear noise and look towards Stefanie's side.
"Oh Scott," Stefanie mumbles.
I stifle a laugh as I slip on my converse and head out the door.
Hopefully there is some leftover brownies from tonight's dinner!
As I head towards the kitchen I hear whispering coming from Professor Alaric's office. I'm about to walk by when I hear... Luna
The voice so distinct, a voice I have heard my whole life. My mother is here?
I slowly creep up to the door and peak through the little opening.
I spot the statue like figure of my father staring directly at the person who's back is towards me. I assume professor Alaric, I notice the old brown shoes Lizzie commented on earlier today.
"Are you sure that witch was talking about Luna? Maybe she was looking at the little witch next to her," dad says.
"Klaus she looked at both of them. Let me repeat she said daughter of wolf and daughter of warlock. Ruby's parents are both witches. And we know one of Luna's parents must be a wolf. And it must be her father because she used to the term warlock when she looked at Ruby."
My father is a wolf... this makes my mother the witch.
I try to picture them in my mind now that I know which part of me comes which parent. How did they meet? Was my father accepted in my mother's coven? Did my mother have a coven? Were they star-crossed lovers? Is that why they left me....
"Are you sure she looks like the witch that saved Klaus all those years ago?"
My mom's voice brings me back to reality.
"Once this lady arrived the four of us were cemented in spot while she kept walking towards Luna and Ruby. Hope over heard her say; I guess saving him wasn't a bad idea after all. He's done a good job with you, Luna Hayley Mikaelson. I'll be seeing you around." And then she just vanished, literally," professor Alaric says.
I stiffen at the flashback. Not just of those words, but of all of them. Only one of us is destined for greatness. What happens to the other?
"That's how Luna got to us in France 16 years ago," mom gasps.
"Who does she think she is coming back after 16 years and wanting Luna back. Now that she is all grown up and has control over her powers. Her coven wants her back. I don't think so. I'm her father and they will have to get through me before they get anywhere near Luna," dad growls the last part.
I have a coven...they want me back. Do I want to go back?
"Caroline go get Luna we are leaving. She clearly isn't safe here," dad says giving professor Alaric a disgusted look.
"Klaus." mom says using her stern voice .
"Alaric how did Luna react at the witches words?"
"In typical Luna style she turned to ask Ruby if she was okay and if she was hurt anywhere."
"Looks like she isn't your daughter after all," mom says as I see her turn towards dad.
I hear someone chuckle and that can only be professor Alaric because I hear someone growl, my father.
"Love you were the one who said genetics doesn't make you family love does. So I'm going to take my daughter somewhere she is safe and loved."
What??! No! I don't want to leave my friends behind. I love the boarding house, New Orleans can get so boring at times especially when my sisters aren't there.
"Excuse me?! You don't think I care about Luna?" Professor Alaric asks me father.
"Alaric you are her headmaster so it makes sense you care for Luna. And your daughters see her as their little sister and so you feel obliged to care. But no I don't think you care about Luna not like I do," dad replies.
"Okay I think we should get back to the topic at hand the woman and what she wants from Luna and the other girl, Ruby," mom says as she steps in between my headmaster and my father.
"You know what Klaus. No I don't care about Luna because she's my student or my daughters' little sister. I care about Luna because I have known her, her whole life and as of the age of 5 years old I have watched her grow into a smart and strong young witch who has mastered her powers like I have never seen before. Luna is like my family rather you like it out not. There's nothing I wouldn't do for that little girl. So if I think it's safe for her to stay then it's safe. And Luna is better off with her friends. Caroline and I both know how powerful friendship can be."
"Well then Caroline what do you think?"
Both men face her as I hold my breath to see what my mother says.
Mystic falls or New Orleans.
All of a sudden a light comes into view and I hear footsteps. I scurry back to my room in hopes that I didn't get caught.
                                       ***
"Earth to Luna!"
"Uhh sorry," I look up at the voice, Noah's voice.
"You have been staring at your cereals for the past 10 minutes. Is everything all right? Is it about what happened yesterday?"
"No..no. I'm good just a little tired." I plaster a smile on my face.
"You sure?"
Noah is looking at me with concern written all over his face.
"Yup! So where are Scott and Stefanie? We have class soon."
I look around the busy diner hall. People are coming in and out. Chattering and clattering of utensils fill the Great Hall as people finish their breakfast.
"Hey guys! Do you want to try my grandmother's homemade scone? It's a holiday for my coven today, my grandmother sent over her homemade scones so I won't feel left out," Ruby says as sits down in front of me.
She hands both Noah and I a scone. I stare at the scone and then it just hits me. The snake eye lady connected Ruby and I in her message. And maybe Ruby's coven or our similar powers have a link to all of this. My birth parents... the snake eye lady giving me to my parents... and lastly her wanting to see me again.
"I got to go! I'll see you in class."
I jump out of my seat and walk away with just a single wave good bye.
I make my way towards the library stuffing the scone in my mouth remembering Mrs. Taffy's words.
Food means access denied
I got to say the scone was quite delicious, that touch of lemon made it fresh and light.
I walk into the library, a girl on a mission. I start to look for Ruby's coven I know it starts with an S. Come on what is it Sapphire, Stonewood, Stonewall...oh whatever.
I walk into the row of all the different magic books. I run my hands through spines of all the books. Until I land on one...
Witches and the four elements
I pull out the book and scan the table of contents. Until I find the section I need.
Rare is it to be a witch that can control an element
But one once can, she is powerful
Two witches that can control elements are even more powerful and dangerous
They must be stopped before they meet