Fire Within

Through the black spots forming around my eyes I see Dad jump on the man. Once the man is distracted the pain in my body
becomes...manageable. But with the chains around my stomach I can't fully form.
All of a sudden the chains drop. A light breeze blows near me.
"Good luck Luna," a vague whisper comes from the wind.
Before I can wrap my head around what just happened my body begins to transform one broken bone at a time.
Once transformed my animal instinct pushes me to go deeper into the forest where a cry can be heard. My hind legs push me towards the noise, the body of the scary man can be seen pushed up against a tree my fathers face buried in his neck.
I bark getting my father's attention. Even though this man deserves what he is getting, he's still Ruby's father and she shouldn't grow up without one. No matter how evil he is.
Dad turns toward me, " Oh love you're okay." In that moment I see a shadow get up. I pounce to fight the attacker,but I get hit by a spell and fall helplessly at Dad's feet.
"Luna look at me! Stay with me." I vaguely hear Dad's voice.
I begin to choke up blood. "Daddy I'm so sorry...I never meant to hurt you...or Mom...I just wanted answers....I'm so sorry,"I say between coughs of blood.
"Luna everything will be okay. I love you, always  and forever," Dad says staring in my eyes.
"Why would you love a bastard child," the scary man cackles.
"Sapphire....Sapphire....Sapphire." I hear a woman's voice in the distance. "Leave her alone Ben. You're mad at me, not her."
"It was the back packer wasn't it?" The scary man asks.
Silence.
"WASN'T IT???" He yells.
Through my fit of bloody cough I see my birth mother bend her head in shame.
"Luna drink!" Dad hisses bitting his arm.
I try to drink, instead of feeling relief I feel burning sensation in my chest. I force myself up to cough up a pool of blood.  My throat burns and tears pool in my eyes.
"Daddy it hurts." I look up to him like I did when I was younger; when I thought he was able to fix anything.
"Why isn't my blood working?" I hear my dad hiss under his breath. "You're not dying Luna I promise." He kisses my forehead. He flashes up, grabs  scary guy fangs out ready to bite. "Reverse the spell now."
"Never."
Dad's moments away from ripping his head off, my eyes grow as big as golf balls.
"No, wait please." Birth mom pleads. "He's still the father of the rest of children."
"He's no father, after how he treated my daughter." Dad growls.
"And I would do it again. She's a bastard ," scary man spits.
"And some am I. And we bastards have a temper." Dad snaps the guys neck and he falls like a ton of bricks.
"NOOOOO!!!" Birth mother yells.
I cough up blood, until I begin to gasp for air. "Daddy."
He grabs Birth mother by the collar. "Help her."
Birth mother is still gawking over her dead husband.
"HELP MY DAUGHTER NOW!"
"She's actually my daughter." Birth mother glares at Dad.
"You gave up that right the moment you gave  her up." I hear a familiar voice.
I turn my head to see Mom and Hope behind her.
"Move, before I make you." Mom growls to Birth mother .
Birth mother backs away closer to her dead husband.
"Oh Luna sweetie I've been so worried, but Mommy's here now." Mom kneels down and caresses my cheek.
"Mommy, I'm so sorry." I choke up.
"Don't be sweetie. Hope's here she'll fix this."
"Hey little sis how's it hanging." Hope smiles at me.
"Great!" I choke out.
Hope begins to mumble incantations under her breath. When she stops I cough up an glop of blood, the sensation in my chest increases like I'm burning from the inside out.
"AAHHHH" I scream. "IT BURNS."
"Hope what's wrong? Why isn't it working?" Dad asks.
"I don't know. My spells should have worked," Hope replies.
"May I?" Birth mother steps forward.
"No!" Mom shields me from Birth mother.
"Wait...Caroline we may need her. I can't figure out what's wrong," Hope says getting up and wiping the dirt off her pants.
Mom sighs and moves aside. Birth mother approaches, bends down and places a palm on my chest. She begins to mutter stuff under her breath. After moments of silence only my coughing booming through the night sky, Birth mother gets up and brushes dirt off her.
"So??" Dad urges.
"She's part of the Four and only the Four can save her. Especially my daughter Ruby she can control fire. My husband used a fire spell on her," Birth mother  says.

I'm laying on top of a brown wooden table in Ruby's basement surrounded by rosemarie. When we walked in the house my chest was about to explode and I was screaming at the top of my lungs in my Dad's  arms. 
"The reverse fire spell can be revised only be the fire witch and the blood of the mother." The old lady reads from a black book. "Pearl cut your hand and drop blood in this bowl." She lifts up a silver bowl. My birth mother cuts her hand and her blood pours into the bowl.
Once the blood is collected Ruby begins to chant, but the fire sensation doesn't cool down.
"Ruby stop it's not working," I reply.
I lift up my head to cough more blood.
"Dammit how hard is it to cure my daughter." Dad slams the table behind us.
"Hold on a minute. In the book it says the 'love of a mother distinguishes any pain and hatred away'. Pearl may be Luna's biological mother, but if there is anything I learned from my family is that family is everything, but family isn't blood it's about love. Caroline is Luna's mother, she's carried and loved her like she's her own. It's Caroline's blood that will save her," Hope says.
Once Mom drips her blood in the cleaned out sliver bowl, Ruby begins to chant. With every syllable the fire begins to diminish inside until it's gone. When Ruby stops, I propped myself on my shoulder all eyes on me.
"I'm okay," I smile at my parents.
Dad brings me into his arms. "I'm so glad princess. Now let's get the bloody hell out of here." Dad picks me up from the table and flashes me upstairs. He places me back on my feet.
I turn to Ruby, Pearl and the old lady, "Thank you."
Dad opens the door to be stopped by a tall figure.
"Well bonsoir les amis. I'm glad to finally have the honour to meet the Four," Francois smiles like a Cheshire Cat.
He lifts up his hand and everything goes black.