Always & Forever

Pink peony, white rose, lily, pink peony, white rose, lily. I slide the glass centrepiece to the side and take an empty glass centrepiece and restart the process.
As I place the 2nd white rose, I feel arms wrap around me.
"You shouldn't be here unless you want my dad to murder you." I say into my boyfriend's chest.
"It's break time!" Noah says kissing my cheek.
"Yeah right," I laugh and turn to face him.
With the help of Mom and my sisters the past couple of weeks  we were able to convince Dad to allow Noah to be my plus one at Hope and Landon's
wedding in two days. But Dad only agreed if Noah would help set up which he clearly is not doing. Instead, he is sitting next to me in the kitchen, our fingers interlocked.
"So how is the set up coming along?"
Noah takes a white rose in his free hand, "Pretty fast you know since your whole family are vampires. Don't even know why they need me." He smirks at the last comment handing me a white rose.
"I ask myself the same question." I turn around to see Dad enter the kitchen arms behind his back. "But what can I do women run my world now a days. Sometimes I miss being the terrifying Klaus Mikaelson feared by all especially wolves." He gives a wicked grin to Noah.
Noah's hand grips mine a little tighter, but he still keeps his eyes locked on Dad. My daredevil boyfriend always testing the limits.
"Be nice. You promised." I stare at Dad his  green eyes staring back at me.
"This is me being nice princess. Now wolf boy go help my brothers. I need to speak to my daughter alone."
Noah gets up and kisses my cheek. "I'll see you later."
Once my boyfriend is gone, I turn my attention to Dad with almost no expression on his face except for his lips forming a thin line.
"What's up?" I try to break the awkwardness.
"I think it's best if we talk upstairs." Dad walks out of the kitchen.
Oh what now??
I follow behind him in silence up the wooden steps all the way into my room which is at the end of the long dark corridor with only three lanterns on. I hate it. When I want to get a midnight snack  I barely make it downstairs alive trying not to trip over my two feet walking in the darkness.
Dad opens my wooden door and there sitting on my bed is Mom with a letter in her hand.
"Luna we need to talk. I know you burnt the first letter. Why?" Mom gets off my bed.
I look down at my new pink nails that will match my light pink brides maid dress. "I want nothing to do with those people," I say looking up at Mom.
"I clearly agree."
"Klaus!" Mom huffs. "Pearl called wondering if you read the letter. She also understands if you didn't. She is very sorry about what happened and wished things could have gone differently. But she said that to not let your hatred towards her hinder your decision about meeting your father."
"My father is alive?" I blurt out. 
"I told you she wanted answers. Do I know my daughter or what." Mom gives Dad a wide smile and crosses her arms over her chest.
"Yeah I guess you do," Dad sighs leaving the room.
I look back at Dad. I feel guilt spread through me.
"I'm sorry. I don't want answers. Keep the letter." I tell mom walking out of the room.
                                        ***
I step out of my bathroom, to see Dad sitting at the edge of my bed in a black and white tux.
"Wrong daughter's room," I let out a laugh.
Today is Hope's wedding and everyone is in her room helping her get dressed. I just came in my room to get my light pink lip gloss that I left near the sink.
"Luna come sit down." Dad pats the white comforter.
I slowly make my way towards him.
After he burst out of the room two days ago, he's barely been home. All I see are flashes of him literally, speeding through the halls on some sort of mission.
"I'm sorry about the way I acted two days ago. It's just that I already feel like I'm losing Hope today. Seeing you be so excited about your birth father makes me feel like you're leaving me as well. And..."
"I don't want another father. I love the father I have now! You're the best dad a girl can ever ask for!"
A small smile spreads across his face. "Well that's nice to hear. But it's not fair to keep an amazing girl like you away from others especially family members. So I read the letter Pearl sent you and I was able to find your father Luna. And he's here if you want to talk to him."
I jump up. "Like here as in New Orleans here?"
"Like outside you're door here. Only if you want to talk to him," Dad says as he remains sitting down.
Do I want to meet bio dad?
After everything I went through with bio mom;  is meeting him worth the danger?
I bite down on my manicured index finger.
"From my experience my mother was a crazy witch with a crazy husband, but my father was nice. You know Luna meeting your birth father just means I may have to share you, but that doesn't mean I'll love you any less." He gets up. "So what do you say. Are you ready to meet your birth father?"
Not able to express my feelings with words I just nod my head.
Yes,  I would love to meet him.
Dad engulfs me in a hug. He's minty aftershave enters my nostrils as he's strong embrace wraps me like a shield.
He kisses the top of my head. "I'll be right outside if you need me." He walks towards the door and opens it. Standing behind is no other than Beau Waters.
I gasp.
He really is my dad.
"Hello Luna. It's nice to finally meet you," Beau says with a smile that reaches his clear blue eyes just like mine.
"Hello," I say barely above a whisper.
Thankfully he's a werewolf so he's hearing is great.
"May I?" He points at the spot where dad was sitting still marked with his backside.
"Sure." I take a sit, but this time a little farther away so we can be face to face.
"I guess we should start at the beginning." Beau sighs.

Beau explains to me how he met Pearl at a karaoke bar back in Washington when he was back packing across the country on his own. He needed to do it alone to find his purpose after his family died. The night he met Pearl was one of the first times he felt alive again, but also his last night in Washington. Pearl asked him if he can help her with same tough jobs around the house since it was only her and her mother. But two weeks later a guy came back out of the blue and Pearl made up a story that Beau was a back packer just looking for a place to crash for the night. The guy was gone by breakfast and Pearl offered no explanation about who he was. Pearl offered Beau to stay a little longer and he did. But after 3 months Pearl placed a plane ticket to Alaska and told Beau it was best for him to leave. No explanations. Just like that their relationship was over. Pearl dropped him off at the airport with a passionate kiss goodbye. And Beau never spoke to her again until a couple of days ago, when she showed up at his door. Pearl told him how when she found out she was pregnant her mother contacted relatives in France. They told Pearl's boyfriend that she was going for coven duty in France for a year. In France is where she met a powerful witch and made a deal with her. If the witch would protect Beau and me she would marry Ben, unit their covens and birth a female leader to take over one day. The witch made everyone believe Ben was dead and faked an allusion of him dead in the forests. The witch gave me to the Mikaelson's so I can be protected forever.
"So Pearl does care about me," I say.
"Yes very much. She only wants what is best for you. And she understands that it might be the Mikaelson's. She is always here if you want to talk and so am I," Beau says placing his warm, big hand over my ice cold one.
A small smile spreads on my face.
"Well I'll let you get ready for your sister's wedding. You know where to find me. Since if I stand corrected you did come looking for me in the bayou; my sister told me. Sorry I wasn't there, but from now on  I'll be there," Beau says getting up on his feet.
I follow his lead and stand up. "Thank you." I hug him.
At first he's taken aback, but then he wraps his arms around me. It's different then the hug from dad, but it still feels safe.
After we separate, Beau walks out of my room. I take in some deep breaths with my eyes closed. Once I open my eyes I see five people staring at me.
"So was he nice?" Hope asks as she tries to swat Lizzie from fixing her veil.
"Well not as nice as Dad."
Mom, Hope, Josie, Lizzie and I laugh as Dad crosses his arms.
"Oh Klaus, can't you just take a joke," Mom says breathlessly.
"A joke is funny," Dad replies.
"Well I thought it was funny," Hope teases.
"We need to get going. We can't delay this wedding any longer," Lizzie says looking down at her phone. "Okay, people let's get moving. Josie grab Hope's train. Hope follow me." Lizzie marches out of the room like a drill sergeant.
"Are you okay?" Josie asks me.
"I'm fine Jo!" I smile. "Now let's get our sister married."
Hope let's out a laugh. "Yes please."
My sisters walk out of the room, but my parents stay behind. Before they can say something, I open my mouth to speak. "Beau and Pearl may have the same DNA as me, but you guys are my parents. Knowing who my birth parents are doesn't change the fact that when someone asks me who my parents are, my answer doesn't change. Klaus Mikaelson and Caroline Forbes. That has been my answer for the past sixteen years and will remain like this forever. Thank you for raising me. I love you. Always and forever." My eyes get misty near the end of my speech. I look to see tears run down Mom's face and tears pulling around Dad's eyes.
They bring me into a family hug.
"Always and forever," Dad whispers in my ear.