Auntie Advice

"Hey Luna sweetie. How's it going?" Aunt Freya asks.
"Freya, Dorian or Emma will be right with you. You are more than welcome to sit in my office while you wait. Luna, Noah, Stefanie lets go to class," professor Alaric says walking up behind us.
I wave goodbye to my aunt as the three of us follow professor Alaric to class.
As professor Alaric goes on about the Salem witch trails I think about what Stefanie said. The Mikaelsons have been my family for 16 years and they have never treated me any different then Hope, Nik aunt Freya's 13 year old son, Maddy uncle Kol's 4 year old daughter and Simon aunt Rebecca's 3 year old son. Uncle Elijah will forever be in love with Hope's mom Hayley. Hope, aunt Freya, aunt Rebecca and I have been trying to set him up on dates or even to adopt a kid, but uncle Elijah says that his nieces and nephews are his kids. Maybe Stefanie is right; why look for a family who doesn't care. On the other hand, a part of me wonders what my real parents look like. Who's the witch and who's the werewolf? How did they meet? And most of all why did they give me up?
"Are you all right? Look if you want to find your parents then I'll support your decision. You are my best friend, I support any of your decisions," Stefanie says walking out of class.
"Yeah I just have a lot to think about. Thanks Stefanie I really appreciate you having my back," I say giving her a smile.
"Hey Luna, wait up," aunt Freya says.
Stefanie, Noah and I stop and turn towards my aunt.
"I'll catch up with you guys later," I say.
"Hey I'm Noah Luna's boyfriend," Noah says sticking out his hand for my aunt to shake.
My eyes go big as the first member outside of my sisters meet Noah.
"Nice to meet you Noah I'm her aunt Freya," aunt Freya says shaking his hand.
"We should leave you guys to catch up. We'll be in the lounge if you need  us," Stefanie says pulling Noah away.
"So Noah's cute," aunt Freya says once they are out of view.
"Please don't tell dad. He just found about Noah and I told him he was a friend. For some reason Noah has a death wish by introducing himself to my family as my boyfriend," I huff.
"I won't tell your father. Does your mother know?"
"Mom has her suspicions, mom has met Noah before when he was just my friend. Hope, mom and I are keeping this a secret from dad for the sake of all humanity because if Klaus Mikaelson finds out his little girl has a boyfriend world war 3 may start. So for the sake of humanity aunt Freya you cannot tell my father," I say.
"I think you are being a bit extreme. Humanity will not be at stake but your boyfriends life will. By the way I spoke to professor Alaric and I'm taking you out for lunch and for rest of the day!"
"Thanks aunt Freya," I say giving her a hug.
Aunt Freya and I get into her car and drive towards the Mystic Grill. Stefanie's dad owns the grill and this summer if I can finally convince dad I will be staying in Mystic Falls to work there with Stefanie. Dad doesn't think I need to ever work in my life because he is the king of New Orleans and his queen ie mom and his princesses ie Hope and I are taken care of. Mom helps professor Alaric run the school by getting new recruiters. Hope monsters hunts with Landon or with Josie and Lizzie. I think being a waitress will add some normality to my life.
"How was your first transition?" Aunt Freya asks after  the waiter takes our order.
"Besides the pain from all my bones breaking I actually enjoyed being in wolf form; I felt free," I say before taking a sip from my Diet Coke.
"Your father and Hope say the same thing! They love it and I can tell you love it too. Speaking of your father how is it that he has not met Noah this past week?"
"Noah and dad have not met this week because Stefanie has kept them apart. It helped that the night of the party Noah was at an inauguration for a new wolf that entered the pack so how couldn't come. Noah would visit me in the infirmary when dad was with professor Alaric in the head office. I know I will have to repay Stefanie soon when she gets a boy and her dad comes around."
"Ah.. Damon Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson the most protective fathers a girl can have."
"Oh because uncle Kol won't be like that when Maddy grows up," I laugh.
I can already picture uncle Kol grabbing the boy by the neck and telling him if he ever hurts Maddy he will die.
"Nobody loves you more than family and nobody will protect you as much."
"Aunt Freya can I ask you something? But...umm... it has to stay between the two of us," I say staring down at my napkin.
If mom and dad would find out I was thinking of finding my birth parents it would crush them. Knowing mom she would over think her parenting skills and if she was a good mom or not. Dad...well he would be crush that I didn't think being a Mikaelson would be good enough after all uncle Elijah and he did to keep this family together.
"Of course sweetie. You can tell me anything," aunt Freya says.
"Do you think meeting your real family was a good idea? Did you ever wonder why they left you to Dahlia? Was meeting our family everything you expected it to be?" I ask
"I had a feeling you would ask me that. Why did you think I came to the boarding school well this and because Nik got in trouble again. I swear I should have called him Elijah, he would behave more," aunt Freya laughs.
I laugh as well.
"Well I think the two of us are in different situations Luna. First things first Dahlia was a horrible person who used me for my powers and was never a good mother figure. Caroline on the other hand has mastered motherhood so well with you girls. Keelin and I look up to the way she raised you, Josie and Lizzie and how she has never over stepped when it comes to Hope. She's there for her, but never tries to replace Hayley who herself was an amazing mother to Hope. Becoming part of the Mikaelson's was the best thing that ever happened for me because growing up I had no family, it was only me and Dahlia. I'm so lucky that my son gets to have this big family with uncles, aunts and cousins who care and love him. Meeting the Mikaelsons is never what someone expects it to be because of your father. Everyone knows that," aunt Freya says.
A small smile forms on my face remembering the time Stefanie came to New Orleans for two weeks with her family in the summer. Dad was doing "business" when mom opened the compound doors. Dad's lucky he is a hybrid because if looks can kill the look mom gave him would have disintegrated him. Dad was full of blood with a heart in this hand and a lifeless body at his feet. Thank god Stefanie and I were already 14 and Grayson Stefanie's younger brother was too obsessed with his iPhone to look up from his game.
"So you are saying I shouldn't meet them because I should be lucky to be adopted by mom and dad. Which I totally agree about it. It's just.."
"I think as a child put up for adoption it's normal that you have questions and are curious about your family. Honestly I was too. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how your birth parents will never be as good as your parents. I was just explaining how our situations were different which ultimately  would affect our decisions of meeting our birth families or not. But Luna if you want to meet your birth family then you have every right too."