Back Home

"Is tomorrow the day Noah finally meets the famous Niklaus Mikaelson?" Stefanie says as we walk into the Great Hall.
Every year the Salvatore boarding school does a Christmas dinner the day before everyone goes back home for the holidays. Normally dad picks me up so we can catch up just the two of us before the family pulls me away to ask their usual questions. How is school going? Uncle Elijah would ask. Are they any new cute boys? Aunt Rebecca would ask. Have you gotten into any trouble? Uncle Kol would ask with a smirk on his face. Have you learned any new spells? Aunt Freya would ask.  Mom would just stay in the back until I get all the way upstairs to unpack. She would come in and help me unpack. Once that would be done we would  sit on my bed my head on her shoulder while I catch her up on all the important things that happened since September. I may be daddy's little girl, but my mom is like my best friend and I tell her everything. I hope that she is the one that picks me up tomorrow instead.
"I really hope not Stefanie. I don't like making  scenes at school. All I want to do is give you and Noah your presents and leave."
"I heard the word presents! When are we exchanging gifts ladies?" Noah says sitting down next to me.
This is the first year that both my best friends will be at the boarding school at the same time. Normally I do brunch with the Salvatore's the morning I leave to New Orleans and dad picks me up there so there is no eyes on us when we leave. Everyone knows I'm Klaus' daughter, but all the newbies stare when he comes around. To this day its still annoying having all eyes on you and  just like Hope I'm not one who likes to be the center of attention.
"Tomorrow after we have brunch together! I let uncle Alaric give me access to the kitchen and I'm going to make my dad's famous pancake receipt for you guys!" Stefanie says.
"Welcome kids to the annual Christmas dinner! I'm so proud of all your hard work these past couple of months. Sit down and enjoy the feast," professor Alaric says as servants come to place a generous amount of food in front of all the students.

                                          ***
"Stef those pancakes were amazing!" I say as the three of us walk back into mine and Stefanie's room.
"Thank you! Now let's do the gifts!" Stefanie says sitting on her light gray bedsheets.
"Ladies first," Noah says handing both of us our gifts.
Stefanie opens her present first. Inside a black box is a piece of paper with numbers on it.
"Umm... thanks," Stefanie says lifting up the paper.
"It's Scott's number. I know how much you two have been hitting it off recently. I over heard him talking about how much he liked you in the locker room. I didn't know what to get you for Christmas so I thought I would get you two love birds to finally admit your feels to each other. On the back of the paper is the day you are going on a date with him and I already gave him the big brother speech," Noah smiles.
"Thanks Noah," Stefanie says hugging him.
"Your presents are both on my night stand. I'm going to see if I can catch Scott before he leaves for break,"
Stefanie says walking out the door with a big smile on her face.
"That was really sweet of you; putting your differences aside for Stefanie's sake," I say, smiling.
"The little witch has grown on me. Now open your gift."
I open my black box to reveal a dog tag with our initials in graved and the date we started dating.
"That's so sweet! I love it," I say leaning in for a kiss.
"Aww that's so sweet! Unfortunately we must break it up it's a long drive back to New Orleans," I hear a voice say.
I turn to see Hope leaning on the door frame.
***
During the 6 hour drive home Hope and I have small talk about her upcoming wedding with Landon and how my exams went. Half way through the drive Hope finally brings up the topic looming over both of us, my birth parents.
"For the past month I have been asking everyone and anyone connected to the crescent pack about a werewolf and witch relationship or about anyone putting their child up for adoption in 2026, the year you were born. I got nothing."
My face falls and I let out a little sigh. Another dead end.
"But I won't stop looking. You have my word."
Hope smiles at me.
"That's why I offered to pick you up when dad said he had business to do today. I thought you would want to find out this news in private. And I'm not sure if you want Caroline and dad to know about you searching for your birth parents."
"Thank you."
The rest of the trip I stare out the window. Maybe it's time to throw in the towel. My birth parents gave me up which means they clearly do not want to meet me.

Once Hope and I walk into the Mikaelson compound I'm bombarded by questions from my family.
"People let her breath. Make way so I can see my princess," I hear my dad's voice.
"Hi daddy," I say smiling.
"Hi princess! How was the drive you two? Wasn't to long for my two girls," dad says as he wraps his arms around me and looks at Hope.
"Never! Us mikaelson girls like travelling like the peasants, driving 6 hours to get back home right Luna?" Hope smirks.
"Of course!" I say.
"Well tonight you girls will be treated like the princesses you truly are. What ever you girls want you get!"
"You know uncle Nik I also got home too!" my cousin Nik laughs as he walks down the stairs.
"Where were you this morning?" I ask him.
"I got a ride from one of my wolf friends early so we can chill in the bayou before tonight's Mikaelson family dinner."
"Okay everyone put your stuff away freshen up. And we will meet downstairs for diner plans in an hour," aunt Rebecca says.
"Unfortunately Elijah and I have some business to attend to, but feel free to pick what ever the kids want," dad says.
"Klaus you better be back for dinner," mom says firmly.
"I will don't worry love."
Dad and uncle Elijah flash away and everyone goes back to what they were doing before.
I walk upstairs with my mom at  my side carrying my suitcase. Sometimes it comes in handy to have vampire parents doing all the heavy lifting for me.
"I noticed that chain across your neck even though you tried to keep it hidden," mom says as she starts to unpack my suitcase.
"Noah gave it to me as a Christmas present this morning and I didn't want to take it off. It's actually a dog tag since you know we are both wolves," I say smiling.
"I think that's very sweet of him. Is that what has been bothering you? I noticed you weren't your usually happy self when you walked in the door earlier."
"Yeah. It's our first Christmas as a couple and we are not spending it together," I lie to my mom.
Yes not doing Christmas with Noah is a bit sad but we promised ourselves that we will text or talk every day. What's really bothering me is what Hope said earlier, but I could never tell my mother that.
Just that moment my phone flashes with a text from Stefanie. I texted her earlier that I wanted to talk.
"Hey mom Stefanie is texting me, I need to call her."
"Okay I'll see you downstairs."
My mom walks out of the room and closes my door to give me privacy, but living in a house full of vampire that's impossible to do. I dial Stefanie's number as I put a concealing spell around my room. Now nobody can hear my conversation.
"Hey what's up?" Stefanie says into the phone.
I fill her in about what Hope told me.
"Don't give up Luna there is always the witch part of you. You know that one of your parents comes from New Orleans so maybe the other one does too! And you have access to the most powerful witch in New Orleans."
After hanging up with Stefanie I make my way across the hall.
"Hey aunt Davina I need your help."