Underwater Rescue

In a flash of light I'm untied and by uncle Elijah's side. "Are you hurt?" He searches my body for any signs.
I shake my head.
"We need to stop them before the world comes to an end," the old lady says, standing at aunt Rebecca's side.
Aunt Rebecca and uncle Elijah charge the barrier, but only get thrown across the room. Josie and Lizzie link hands and begin to chant. Nothing. Francois chuckles, " You can't stop me. Nobody can stop me now."
"Link hands by age. Pearl take my hand, Luna take your mother's hand and Ruby take Luna's hand," the old lady says.
"She's not my mother," I grumble, but still follow the directions.
Once our arms are linked the old lady says. "Repeat after me.
Aqua, ignis et terra
Miscere ad haec mala auferte
Aqua, ignis et terra
As we chant, Francois begins to choke up water. Fire begins to engulf him. Wind sends his witches flying cutting off his tie to his new found coven and their power. And then the ground begins to shake.
"Hold on. Keep chanting. It's the final step," the old lady yells.
My birth mother grips my hand harder and I follow her lead by holding Ruby's hand tighter.
We chant again another three times as the word terra leaves our mouths, the earth opens up and swallows up Francois. All that can be heard are his screams until the Earth closes up once more.
Before the dust can settle I walk towards a man on the floor in black and jet black hair pulled back 60s style. "Where is my family?"
"They're right here," he mocks pointing towards the ladies behind me.
"I meant my real family," I ball up my fist as he begins to choke on water.
I turn towards the rest of the witches, "If nobody tells me where my family is right now. You'll just lose another member." I clench my jaw.
I'm tired of playing their game. I want to go home, but I'm not going home without my parents and Hope.
"All I know is that they're in your element," the witch with moka skin speaks up.
I crease my eyebrows together.
What?
"Omg the lake." Josie hands fly up to her mouth. "We passed a lake on the way here didn't we?" She turns to Lizzie.
"Where's this lake?" I ask.
"I know what you are talking about Josette. Follow me." Uncle Elijah grabs my arm and speeds us out of the dungeon.
                                              ***
Standing at the edge of a lake over looking the sun rise, panic builds up inside.
Where can they be? There's no cabin anywhere. Uncle Elijah ran the whole bank.
Until it hits me MY ELEMENT.
They are in the lake.
I take off my shoes and begin to run, towards the water.
"Where are you going?" Uncle Elijah stops me before I can jump in.
"Move uncle Elijah I'm going to save my family." I begin to side step him.
"Not alone."
Silenco
I whisper under my breath as uncle Elijah is spelled into a straight jacket position.
I run towards the lake until I no longer can keep my head above water and begin to swim. And then I see them  at the bottom of the lake tied down in cages knocked out. I swim towards them.
The one good thing about my powers is that I can breath underwater.
I go towards Hope first and pull at the bars. Nothing.
Wasn't expecting it to work anyway.
I can get them to open if the locks have a spell, but  I can't say my words aloud.Emma always said "a spell is most powerful when spoken aloud".
But water is my element.
Apertum
I think into the universe. And just like that the door unlocks. I do the same thing for locks on Hopes hands and feet. Once she is a floating dead person, I put one arm around her waist and begin to swim up to the top.
Once we break the surface, Hope begins to choke up water. I remove the spell on uncle Elijah and pass him a distorted Hope.
"I'm going back to save mom and dad," I say before turning back and diving into the lake.
I get mom first and then dad. By the time i'm carry my father on to the shore, my eyes begin to get heavy.
Uncle Elijah voice sounds very far away.
I can't keep my eyes open
Before I know it darkness engulfs me.
                                         ***
The light forcing its way into my eyes gives me no choice but to shield myself by turning my face into something  soft. I left my head slowly and open my eyes.
A pillow.
Wasn't I just on the edge of the lake with its hard ground of rocks and tree branch?
"Good morning sweetie," I hear Moms voice. I turn over in bed to see her walking up to me in a white t-shirt and jeans. "How are you feeling?"
"Confused. Weren't we near the lake like two minutes ago?"
"That was two days ago. After everything that happened four days ago you passed out due to exhaustion and you've been sleeping ever since. I actually have something for you. It came in the mail yesterday."
Mom takes out a white envelope from her jean packet before sitting at the edge of my bed. I lift myself up and take the letter.
In black cursive letters is the name Sapphire written and in brackets the name Luna. Only two people call me Sapphire and I don't want any contact with either of them.
"You can burn it for all I care. I don't want anything to do with them." I turn the other cheek.
"Luna you should at least read the letter. Maybe it's an apology or some sort of explanation."
I shake my head and keep facing the window. The sun now beaming onto my face.
"Sweetie you, ignoring this letter will only do you emotional harm. You want to know what's inside, but if you are afraid of hurting your father and I in the process don't be. If answers are what you went looking for all those months ago with your friends then answers you will get. We won't love you  any less." Mom places the letter on the bed before walking out the door.
I pick up the letter in my hands and stare. Stare at the way it's written Sapphire in the centre with Luna only written small in brackets, like Sapphire is my real name while Luna is just a nickname people call me.
Mom reminded me of why I began my search in the first place. Answers. Well I did get them. My mom's name is Peal and she cheated on her crazy husband with my dad who may or may not be Beau Waters. Old Luna may have wanted to find out if Beau Waters is her father or not. New Luna doesn't care. She's done with family drama that puts her life in danger.
I have a family. The Mikaelsons.
I get off my bed and walk towards my fireplace all the way across the room with the letter in my hand. I throw  the letter inside.
"Ignis"  I whisper. Sparks fly  as flames begin to grow.
Goodbye The four
Goodbye birth family
Goodbye Sapphire