Honeymoon state of mind

~ slight mature warning ~

"Can you please stop making out for five seconds and pay attention to meee?", Jimin started whining again.

"We're not even making out", Taehyung insisted as he moved his lips away from mine, but kept a firm grasp around my waist.

We were sitting in a booth in one of the nice little diners downtown and enjoying hanging out while waiting for our lunch.

Ever since Taehyung and I had gotten together, we hadn't been able to stray far from each other. I was on cloud nine most of the time, floating through life with a newfound positiveness I never knew I had. Maybe it was Taehyung's optimism rubbing off on me.

Although the two of us were inseparable and never happier, we'd receive more and more complaints from Jimin about how all we did was make out and slobber all over one another all the time. I'd say that was an exaggeration. We were close though.

Spring time was rolling around and the crisp New York breeze had slowly become a little warmer and romance was definitely in the air. Evie had even found a new guy she was spending time with and no, it wasn't that douche Michael she had been sleeping with. This guy was the real deal. The whole package really and just right for the perfect girl.

Good thing I had my own little package right in front of me. I leaned forward to give him another peck on his heart-shaped lips with a smirk.

"Seriously?", Jimin groaned, throwing his head back, "Next time I'll just stay home. I swear to god, I'm always third-wheeling."

"No, Jimin, we love having you around", I assured him.

"What, to watch you?", he raised an eyebrow and my cheeks turned a light pink.

"N-no", I stuttered, "We love hanging out with you, because you're our friend."

"Yeah and I'm your best friend", he grunted at Taehyung, "You should spend more time with me. I swear, when the hyungs hear about how you changed now that you have a girlfriend, they're going to flog you."

"As if!", Taehyung scoffed back, "Remember how Namjoon was with his girlfriend? I'm nowhere near to what he was. It was like he was sleep, eating and breathing her."

"That analogy makes no sense", Jimin tapped his fork against the table impatiently.

"Yeah it does", the younger shot back defensively.

"No it doesn't, go back to English class", he took a jab at him.

Taehyung was about to throw hands and I was ready to jump in the middle of the altercation, but luckily something else came between them.

Food. The one remedy that always seems to keep the peace.

Our three orders of burgers and fries were put on the table and that was all we could focus on from that point onwards. It was only when we had scarfed down all the dishes that we started another discussion.

"Tae...", I sighed when I saw him grabbing the check from the waitress, ready to pay, "Just because you have a job now doesn't mean you have to pay for everything for me."

"That's not the only reason why I'm paying", he grinned at me and handed the waitress some cash from his wallet.

Dating Taehyung, I quickly learned he loves taking me out on dates to different restaurants and amusement parks and fairs. And he always insists on paying for all of it. Now that he and Jimin had gotten part-time jobs in sales at a small company not far from campus, I think he lost touch with how precious money is as a student.

An improbable Love Story || kthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara