49 | M U S E U M

A week before the opening of the Museum -

"Good lord, why are you crying sweet girl?"

Rosa was on the phone with Noah's mom as Noah was extremely busy with all the work he had to finish up before the week was over. She'd gotten a lot more comfortable with Noah's parents, both off which showed her a great amount of love despite her age and background as soon as they set eyes on her. She was so comfortable in fact that she was able to remember his mothers number by heart and call her in her time of distress.

"I've lost the little toy rocking horse my dad made. I've searched all the rooms upstairs almost three times now and I haven't found it anywhere," Rosa said through her tears. Months ago, Rosa wouldn't have cried over something like this, but now she had someone to express her sorrows to. She was reassured that she had every right to cry if things just felt all a little too much for her to handle.

She had someone to run to. But now that Noah was not present to talk her through her crisis, she was just about ready to tear out her hair in frustration.

The rocking horse meant a lot more to her than just any old toy.

It was made with love by her father. It was one of the things she treasured just as he had.

Rosa ran her slim index finger along the little hoop in her ear as her eyes flickered around the room and she sniffled in disappointment when all Noah's mother said in response was:

"You should blow your nose so you can think more clearly, dear. I can't do much from here, but I do know a stuffy nose and an unclear head is not a great help when you're trying to find something."

Like always, her calm voice settled Rosa to the point that she could think rationally enough to just sit down and take a break from the panicked searching she had been doing all afternoon.

She grabbed a tissue from off the desk and quietly blew her nose away from the phones mic before slowly lifting it back up to her ear, nibbling on her swollen bottom lip as she did.

"Now.. have you asked Noah about it?"

"Yes," she muttered. "I called him earlier today. He said he hasn't seen it recently and that when he got back home he'd help me look for it. I've lost hope because Noah always remembers where he's seen stuff. And if I didn't find it where he last saw it I feel like its gone forever.."

Rosa collapsed backwards onto the bed rather dramatically and turned the speaker phone on before splaying out and shutting her eyes, feeling very defeated.

"Maybe your father did such a good job at making the rocking horse that it decided it could just pick up and travel on its own."

Rosa remained silent, sort of just glaring at the ceiling; clearly unamused.

"Inappropriate, sorry. I've not had a daughter before and you deal with things much different then my son does.." his mother trailed off, realizing now that she was only really making things worse. It was better to just sit there in silence for Rosa's emotional support.