14 | L U X U R I O U S

Rosa stepped out of the car after passing Noah her duffel bag and she followed after him through the six car garage up to the door that led into the house

She tried not to show how uncomfortable she was about seeing the luxuries he had. It made her realize just how different they were.

He had literally seen her escorting to make money.

And he (though she had no idea what it was) had a real job. Had hard earned money.

Her mouth dropped opened as he let them into the house - the smell immediately hitting her with a sense of cool comfort.

Everything was simplistic yet well designed and put together.

"Make yourself at home," he said as he slipped his shoes off at the door.

She did the same, her cheeks burning when she realized her socks stank a bit because she had been using the same ones for so long. Her big left toe was poking out of a hole in her sock and she uncomfortably wiggled her toes.

"Is everything okay?" Noah asked as he nudged her a little so she moved futher into the house. "Are you hungry? It's a little too late to cook but we can go raid the fridge and pantry." She giggled as he relaxed her with a little wiggle of his thick eyebrows. "Want to?"

"Okay."

He held his hand out for her and she smiled at the feeling of being able to finally hold someones hand and have someone guiding her around. She eagerly grasped his big hand and followed after him.

Her eyes widened at his huge kitchen.

The large granite island with the wine glass lamps above it in the middle looked as if he hosted people there a lot, but the surface was spotless.

A large stainless steel fridge sat waiting to be opened and he gestured to it with a smile.

"Grab whatever you want and we'll eat. Don't be shy either. I'm hungry." She looked at him curiously as she watched him hop up onto a high black stool before turning her attention to the huge fridge.

Hesitantly, she opened it and peered inside, her eyes widening at the colorful variety of food presenting itself to her. She felt like a chorus of angels in the background would have fit the moment perfectly but she didn't make it known.

She gave the fridge a once over before looking at the foods more closely.

The top of the fridge was filled with milk, butter, drinks and things like that. The second row was where she began to feel the excitement bubbling up inside her.

Working at the restaraunt had given her a huge passion for cooking and studying food so at home when she had the chance and the extra money; her hobbie was cooking and experimenting.

Her mouth fell open at the sight of one of her favorite fruits which had always been like a once a year treat. They were way too expensive to indulge in any other day.

"Cherries!" She squealed as she grabbed at the container and she blushed at the sound of Noah laughing behind her.

"Sorry," she apologized as she gently placed the container down and he frowned slightly.

"Why?" He asked quietly as he got up and came around the island.

"It was loud... and childish of me," she mumured.

He sighed and she melted as he placed his hands over her cheeks, holding her face in a warm, firm caress. "How long have you been taking care of yourself?"

"Ever since my mom passed," she answered quietly, her eyes flickering to the wall behind him. "About four years."

He raised his brows. "Since you were fourteen, baby?"

Twelve, she wished she could say but all she responded with was a nod.

"This is why I brought you here, Rosa. So you can have a break. I want you to be my girl."

Her eyes fluttered closed as he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and she felt her guarded heart warm up and build space just for Noah.

Her heart only had room for her dad a few days ago, but now there was space for Noah and she couldn't have felt any happier in that moment.

"Do you want to be my little girl Rosa? Do you want to be mines?"

The thought of being Noah's anything made her heart race so she nodded in excitement.

Noah shook his head and smiled down gently at her. "Use your words, so I know you're sure about this."

Rosa felt her heart flutter a little and she moved her hands to behind her back, digging her nails into her palms when she realized that she was about to do something selfish for the first time in years. For once, she wasn't thinking about how this would affect her relationship for her dad. She wasn't thinking about anyone or how people might feel about her wanting Noah.

Unfortunately, she failed to think about the fact that it wasn't just her happiness and safety involved in whatever she was about to throw herself into. Noah was important too. Noah had feelings.

But she wanted things to be better for once. She wanted to he happy.

Not searching the streets and sidewalks for money to collect. Not sleeping in a cold, drafty room. Not lonely. Or forgotten. Or struggling to pay her dads hospital bills. 

She wanted to be Noah's.

"Yes Noah. I wanna be your little girl."

He smiled down at her before giving her freckled cheek a kiss which made her melt into him.  "You have been since the day I met you."