43 | R E B U I L D

Even over the phone Noah could tell something was off with Rosa

Even over the phone Noah could tell something was off with Rosa. But her being the sweetheart she was, the call he got from her was to check on him and make sure he had lunch after deciding to come out of the house that day.

Katania and Victor had insisted she stay with them even after she had graduated and turned eighteen because they didn't want to thrust her out on her own and back into the working world after she had already been placed there for four years already.

Noah had encouraged her to stay as well because he wanted to rebuild their relationship and discuss where they wanted it to go from there after being so apart for so long.

It was clear to the both of them that they still wanted to pursue their romantic relationship, but there was no rush for her to move in with him. It would have been if Rosa had told Noah about the things she had to endure in her foster families home with Vicky.

He would have thrown her and her things over his shoulder and carried her right out. He wouldn't have let her sit in that house for a moment longer - but Rosa spared him the details. She didn't want him to feel guilty for not reaching out all those months ago.

"You want a bento box?" she asked, her voice sounding more reserved than usual. Noah knew her to be soft spoken. But not reserved, especially not with him. She spoke boldly despite the softness of her voice. He chose not to question her until she got to his office.

"Bento.." he questioned as he leaned back in his office chair.

"Yeah. They're real cute, with rice and like.. stuff.." she said, drifting off towards the end of her sentence.

"Stuff?" he chuckled. "You know I'm not picky babydoll, but if you have to travel all over the city for it, just get a simple sandwich or something for me, alright? I don't want you to have to travel far without me, okay?"

"Uh.. actually I was gonna make it for you. I bought little sectioned containers for them and-"

He bit his bottom lip, finding the thought of her making him food to be so cute. She was so precious. But she sounded emotionally exhausted. He would spare her the effort until she was back to her good spirits. "I'll transfer some money to your account doll. Pick up something on your way here and we'll eat together. Be careful, okay?"

There was a small pause and he could just imagine her nodding her head. "Yes.. okay. I won't be long."

"Thank you, sweetheart.."

___

Noah looked up when his door cracked opened the slightest bit and a head peaked through, brown waves appearing before the pretty green eyes did. He tilted his head a bit, his brows furrowing at her hesitancy to come into his office before he stood up out of his seat, tall and protective. "Rosalina.." he started which encouraged her to come in and shut the door.