Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"

Start from the beginning

"I can not believe... All of that...all these years... How much everything's changed" the wolf said.

"That's why we need your help. We need to raise the barrier back up and capture Tayla, beat her people. We need to save everybody and we can't do it without your help, please. I promise we don't intend to take this for granted".
It was so weird talking like this, you were constantly aware of how much you were worth nothing compared to them. How smaller you and Calum were, how your story could just be lies in their eyes, but one thing was for sure, you're not giving up if they reject you a thousand times.

"Calum, Willow, we can't help you. We've learned that you two are kind and honest people just from this talk, but that's how it all started too. A kind person who just wanted to save his people, getting ruined by the power" the cat says making the wolf growl lowly, turning away so that you couldn't see his face no more, his tail right in front of you. He didn't wanna relive that moment, whatever it was, but you and Calum had to know.

"What happend?" Cal asked quietly. Usually he was never quiet when asking things, he wanted to know and he was sure of it every time, but this is just a different circumstance. The cat fell silent, she sat down and refused to speak anymore, but the wolf turned back, sitting next to her, his eyes had the crimson glow again.

"Long, long ago at the start of humans learning more about this world, starting to travel, build homes, conquer what isn't theirs, yet they claimed it to be. There was a man called Trent Richardson, kind and selfless some would say, but that's not how we remember him. Freya and I were alive back then, but we didn't know one another yet, she lived in the northern part of Australia while I lived here. There were many like us, big wolves and jaguars, different types of creatures and at first everything was peaceful. Humans came to our continent so we allowed them to set in, we tried to coexist and it worked for a while. One day my pack and I were hunting for food when we stumbled across Trent's primitive house. As soon as he saw us he started running away, scared by us...monsters...beasts...so many names I've heard so long ago and it's always been an open wound" the wolf looked down as he remembered. You were so sad, it's not anything different today, it'll never be, someone will always call you a monster... So you took Calum's hand as the wolf continued with his story.

"I was young and dumb so I went out bright and early in the morning and wanted to see more of Trent. I wanted to study him, I wanted to know what humans were all about and day after day I'd sneak out and watch him. Sometimes I would help him catch his breakfast and he'd gotten used to me after a while. We've learned eachother's habits, we've learned how to communicate as well. I started showing him around my whole territory I showed him magic... I showed him symbols that were written on the walls of caves. He learned it all, he was hungry for knowledge, not knowing it would destroy him or me..." your heart ached as you felt the wolf's pain too. The werecat, or Freya as he called her, kept looking at the ground, only her chest rising up and down at her slow breathing.

"After a few months, more people came here. Trent made them feel welcome, he was their alpha in a way and I soon became irrelevant. He forgot about me, he had to take care of his people and I had mine. Winter was soon appearing and those winters back then were way harsher than any now, especially because people didn't know how to take proper care of themselves. While we could heal almost instantly they would have scars and bruises left on their delicate skin, so fragile, but no so weak. It was just another normal day when Trent came running to me and pleading for my help, he begged me to teach him how to heal himself, but that was impossible. I knew he was stubborn, he needed to help his people and if he could have my powers he'd be able to provide for them if only he kept his looks, his humanity... After all of the begging I caved in and took him to this very tree we're under right now. It was the source of all the magic, all life, it's roots connect to everything and everyone. That's how werewolves were born, Trent Richardson was the first werewolf to ever step on this Earth. Human at day, wolf at night, that was his curse, but he was far from perfect. His bones would break in wrong places, his teeth wouldn't be as sharp, his muscles weren't as strong, but he wanted, no he yearned for perfection. I trained with him for hours at night, what I didn't know then was that the same thing that happend to me was happening to Freya. Her human was named Agrona Blackstone and she was the first werecat to ever be-" the wolf spoke.