Grey nodded his head, and they both remained silent for some time before Grey spoke. “Do you think I should apologize to your family?” he asked. 

Ariel sat up properly and looked at Grey.

“Why?” Ariel questioned.

“I think they deserve my apology for wrongly accusing Angels.”

“It was not your fault,” Ariel said. 

“I know, however, I simply want to make an apology to them,” Grey said. 

“Okay, if it will make you feel any better, then do it,” Ariel said. 

Grey was about to get Ariel's parent's attention when the front door opened and Samael and Maria alongside Michael and Raphael entered the house.

They all sat down after greeting everyone.

Grey was feeling nervous all of a sudden but Ariel held onto his hand and squeezed it tightly.

Grey cleared his throat, getting everybody's attention.

“I want to apologize for wrongly accusing Angels. I should have found out the truth first before acting the way I did. And I’m sorry.”

“There is no need to express regret, Grey,” Raguel said. “It was not your fault and there was no way you could have known,” he added. 

Grey nodded his head as Raguel spoke.

“We are not angry with you. Anything you did in the past does not count anymore,” Elena stated as she stood up from her seat, walked up to where Grey was seated and pulled him into a hug.

This time, Grey did not protest. He just hugged her back.

“Thank you,” he whispered. 

“We are family,” Elena said. “And family means everything to us,” she said as she kissed his forehead, making Grey smile at her.

The whole household had a warm smile on their faces.

They all went silent and watched a show on the TV. Anna later joined them in the living room, making Grey smile as his mother's face was looking bright.

The show ended and Ariel went into the kitchen alongside her Mom and Anna to prepare lunch.

When they were done with it, they served the food and ate in silence.

Grey was very delighted. He was lucky to have a family like this. He did not understand the importance of family before because his brother and his Uncle did not treat him well but the people seated at the dining table were his family.

Ariel was washing the dishes after lunch when her mother entered the kitchen and stood next to her.

Ariel looked away from the dishes and glanced at her mother who was staring at her with a smile on her face.

“What?” Ariel wondered aloud.

“You tell me,” Elena stated.

“I do not understand. You are the one smiling at me,” Ariel pointed out. 

Elena chuckled softly. “I was in your room earlier this morning when I knocked and I did not get any response. So, I entered into your bedroom to see if everything was okay but then...”

“Stop, Mom,” Ariel said, cutting off her mother's word as she blushed. “Don't complete your assertion, Mom,” she laughed. She knew the place the conversation was heading to and she could not believe they were so careless about the door.

“You heard us, right?” Ariel questioned as she shook her head.

“Yes,” Elena confirmed. 

“I can't believe this. This is so embarrassing,” Ariel muttered with flushed cheeks. 

Elena laughed hard at her daughter's embarrassment.

“I can still recall when your Grandma came to our bedroom to call me and your father, and she heard us making out,” Elena chuckled as her mind drifted to that fateful day. “Do you even know the worst part of it?” she asked as Ariel shook her head. “Everybody in the house knew about it because your Grandma did not even keep it to herself,” Elena said, chuckling.

“Really?” Ariel said while laughing. 

Elena nodded her head, chortling when Maria walked into the kitchen.

“What's going on here?” Maria asked seeing the smile on their faces. 

“Nothing,” Ariel said quickly. She did not want a repeat of what had happened to her mother to happen to her.

“Why would you say nothing when there is virtually something going on,” Maria stated, eyeing them.

“Well, I was telling...”

“Mom!” Ariel raised her voice in warning. 

“What?” Elena asked, seeming innocent.

“As I was saying...”

“Don't say it, Mom,” Ariel whined.

“Sorry, Mom, this is between me and my daughter,” Elena said, looking at Maria with a smile.

“Fine,” Maria said as she put up her hands in surrender. “I will get going now,” she said, attempting to move.

“Are you positive you guys don't want to share what's making you smile?” she asked, trying to persuade them.

“Yes,” both Elena and Ariel said in unison.

Maria laughed. “Okay, I will go now,” she said before she left.

Ariel watched her Grandma leave from the kitchen and she turned to face her mother.

“So, were where we?” Elena asked

“Nowhere, Mom,” Ariel replied, drying the final plate before she left the kitchen. 

Ariel went straight to meet Grey who pulled her closer to himself.

Ariel rested her head on his shoulder. She was so cozy in Grey's arms that she did not even listen to the show going on the TV but as an alternative, she enjoyed the warmth of her soulmate. 

A few minutes later, Ariel sat up straight.

“I left my phone upstairs,” she said. 

“Should I go get it?” Grey asked. 

“No, I will go get it,” Ariel countered. “I will be back soon,” she added.

Grey nodded his head as he watched Ariel leave.

His eyes met with his mom who was smiling at him. He smiled at her before he averted his eyes.

After a minute, Grey suddenly felt uneasy. He stood up quickly and the Angels in the room became very alert because they sensed something.

“Demons,” the Angels shouted. 

“Ariel!” Grey shouted, making everyone stand up before they heard her screaming from her room. “Ariel!” Grey shouted again as he vanished and so did the Angels in the room.

 “Ariel!” Grey shouted again as he vanished and so did the Angels in the room