"Yes, I did that, because that's what friends do." She said, obviously trying to hide the anger in her voice.

"You guys seemed to be more than friends to other people."

"Cato, are you serious?" She said loudly. "We were friends, nothing more."

"And I'm just saying that you didn't seem like that! I mean, you two barely knew each other and you're suddenly so friendly." I practically yelled. "You know how long it took me to even become friends with you?!"

"Why does that matter?! I'm here with you, aren't I?" She yelled. "If I really liked Marvel better than you, why did I call out to you when I was in trouble?"

"Because Marvel was dead! You can't call out to a
dead person, can you?"

"He wouldn't have been dead if it weren't for me! I told him to go and check the other fire. I was the one that wanted you to stay near me. It could've been you that died, but it wasn't! I could've told you to go check them, but I didn't." She yelled and she stood up.

I looked at her as she glared at me, her chest raising and falling at a steady pace. "Clove, I'm sorry." I said softly as I stood and walked to her.

She stood, unmoving, as I looked at her. "You should be." She said before turning around and walking towards her discarded knife vest.

"Clove, please forgive me. I guess I was just jealous that you were spending so much time with him and not me." She turned to me and she zipped the vest.

"And you didn't think of just talking to me? Maybe I would've talked to you more if you talked to me first."

"I know, but you know how stupid I am." I said as I hugged her from the back. When she didn't respond, I placed my head in the crook of her neck.

"I seriously don't get you sometimes, Cato." She said as she turned around. She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest.

"Do you forgive me?" I asked while leaning my head on hers.

"Yes, you idiot." She replied while placing a small kiss on my cheek. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" I asked softly.

"What did you say?" She said, obviously taken aback by my words.

"Clove, I love you." I said softly. She looked at me in shock.

"Am I hearing you right?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"Yes, you are." I laughed. "Do you not feel the same way?" I asked, suddenly worried. Was it too soon? I knew that I shouldn't have said that.

"No, it's not that I don't feel the same way. I do, it's just that, no guy has ever said that to me before."

"Well, I guess I'm the first." I said with a smirk.

"I love you too, Cato." She said sheepishly. A small blush appeared on her cheeks as she placed her head back on my chest, probably to stop me from seeing her embarrassment.

"Hey, don't hide your face. I like seeing you blush." I said while pushing her chin up gently. Her already red cheeks turned a deeper shade of red as I smiled down at her. After giving her a soft kiss, I hugged her close to my chest while smiling like a fool.

To ruin the sweet moment, the canon went off with a loud bang. "Who do you think that was?" Clove asked.

"I don't know. I think either Lover boy or district 5." I said as I thought about who was left.