Why Celebrate Christmas?

Why should we celebrate Christmas? Is it because Jesus, the Son of God, was born and promised to save us? If He is Savior, then why are we still here? And why is He taking so long to return?

The Jews expected the savior to save them from Rome, while we Christians expect him to save us from this world! Is this why Jesus was born? Do you know that this was not the reason why Jesus was born? In Matthew 1:21, the angel said Jesus came to save His people from their sins. And according to John 17, Jesus did not come to save us from the world, but to even send us into the world!

[15] I do not ask You to take them out of the world but to keep them from the evil one. [16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.... [18] As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. John 17:15 to 18

Why did Jesus come to save His people from our sins, and not from the world? It is because when we sin, we make ourselves part of the organized world, not the physical world. This world is made up of people who decided to reject the ways of the Lord and has made itself an enemy of God. We become part of this world when we choose to live according to its ways. Kaya James 4:4 said, "You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

Jesus came to save us from our sins so that He can bring us to His kingdom today. In Matthew 4:17, He said, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." His kingdom is at hand means if you turn from your sins and follow Jesus, you can enjoy the blessings of His kingdom while you are here on earth. Because if the earth is the Lord and everything in it, according to Psalm 24:1, then this earth is part of His kingdom as well.

But if you want to live in sin and reject Jesus, then that is your choice. His kingdom will not be able to bless and protect you because you are not part of it. As I have always said, the world is a cruel master. When you decide to obey it, it will punish you in return.

So decide to follow Jesus and make Him your Savior so that you can be part of His kingdom here on earth and so that you can celebrate Christmas every day! Merry Christmas!