Sneaking Around

"I can't believe it's been a week and you still haven't heard anything, and where has Parker been." Lane says drawing circles on my back. "Yeah I know I really though it would work." I say rolling over to face him. "What did Jenny say?" He questions me. "That he went away with the parents." I reply back, planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Wait. No." He says pulling me back. His lips press against mine, they are so soft. I could kiss him all day and night. I match his pace our lips dance together. He pulls me closer our bodies completely touching. I softly tug on his messy hair making him moan into my mouth. "Lane!" Travis's voice bellows out. I quickly jump off scared that we will get caught. Lane can't help but laugh at my face. I crawl under the bed hiding in his mess. Lane jumps up to unlock the door. Travis comes in taking a sit on the chair. 

"Hey I need your help." Travis say. Lane sits on the bed making it sink. "Sure what's up?" He asks. "Can you head into town and pick up some stuff for me?" Travis questions his son. "Yeah sure thing. Give me a list and I'll be on it." He says getting up walking over to the door closing it behind his Dad.

"Riley we are in the clear." He says locking it. I crawl out dragging half the mess with me. "Sorry but your room is super messy." I say kicking a dirty shirt out the way. "You are coming for a drive we need to talk." Lane say pulling me in for one last kiss.

"Riley where are you going?" Vada yells out. "I need to get some stuff from town." I yell back rushing out to the car. I jump in the front seat. "Hey miss me." I say sarcastically. "What the hell is wrong with you. Spencer remind me to drop her off at the crazy place." Lane says pulling out onto the road. Oh my god. I spin around so fast the seat belt grabs jerking me back around.

His laughter fills the car. "What the hell!" I yell out looking back to see that no one else is in the car with us. "I'm sorry I really wanted to do that. You are super jumpy. It's funny." Lane says putting a hand on my leg. "So what did you wanna talk about?" I question looking at him. He pulls over into an empty parking lot.

"So the other day when I walked in. I didn't mean to I thought it was one of the boys in there. I just wanted to scare them. But I was shocked. Then I seen you and all the bruise, I was so angry so I took it upon myself to do what Dad had told me. So yeah I really didn't mean to scare you I just knew it was the right time." Lane says wiping a tear away I didn't know had escaped.

"No it's okay your Dad told me that's what he wanted to do but I didn't think it was going to be anything like that. I just want to feel safe again. I just want it all over." I say grabbing his hand that rest on my face. "I know. I'm sorry, I just wish I could take all the pain away. I really want to be with you. It's hard having to hide us from everyone. And it's hard having to see you with Parker." Lane says looking really sad. "I know. It should be over soon." I say planting a kiss on his cheek.

We get everything we need to and make our way back home. "So I never got to give you your birthday present." Lane says quickly looking at me before looking back at the road. "I never expected you to get me anything." I say feeling all warm and fuzzy. "It's under the seat." Lane says smiling. I reach under feeling a box, I pull it out opening it.

It's a beautiful sliver chain necklace with an R dangling from it. "Oh Lane it's lovely." I ask putting it on. "I'm glad you like it." He says pulling up turning the car off. "Thank you so much." I say getting out heading back inside. "Scar! You're back! I thought you left me!" Mateo yells running up to me. "I would never leave you Mr." I say bending down to hug him. "Riley where did you go I've been looking for you?" Travis yells out walking into the kitchen.

"Oh just in town I had to get some things sorry. I told Vada I was going." I say sitting down. "It's okay. Parker is here for you." He says pointing out to the shed. I nod my head and head out. "Hey babe what's up?" I say scaring the boys not knowing the others where in here. "We need to talk." James says walking out from the corner. "Okay what's going on?" I question as the Walker boys go leaving Jenny, James, Parker and Travis standing around me.

"We need to talk to you." Parker says taking a step forward towards me. I take a step back not wanting him to get any closer, bumping into something hard I spin around to see he is here as well. He reaches down grabbing my hand holding it in his. "What's going on? Why are you all here?" I question spinning around to face them worried. "Riley they are here. He is here and he ain't going to stop until he gets what he wants." Parker says passing me a heap of files.

"What? Parker I don't know what you are talking about?" I question confused, he gives my hand a tight squeeze. "Riley we are all here to protect you. We all knew about you before you came here. We were assigned to protect you at any cost." Parker says looking between James, Jenny and Travis.

"No that can't be true. I knew Jenny was working for Tom and that's why she is here. But you guys. All you guys as well. Why did you never tell me. Why was I kept in the dark with it all. How come you all thought that it would be better for me not knowing!" I scream out at them getting all upset. "Riley please don't be upset with us. We never wanted to hurt you." James says keeping a straight face. "So they all know you are my step brother!" I yell out feeling betrayed. "Not all of them no. But they do now." James says trying to walk over to me.

"So let me get this straight, the whole time you were all just lying to me. So Parker we were never really dating and that's why you put listening devices in everything you gave me. And you guys just acted like you couldn't fight and protect yourself. Wait and that's why you looked at my files the way you did Parker. What did you freak out thinking I was going to work it out. And James you are my big brother why didn't you tell me." I say the words feeling heavy as they come out.

I turn and look at him, I pull my hand out of his. "How can they do this to me." I say throwing the files down. They scatter on the dirt, photos and documents going everywhere. I sit on the ground moving them around. I can't believe this. I want to scream. "Does Vada know?" I look up at Travis asking him. He nods his head. "They all know why I'm here don't they." I spit throwing a file at him. "Everyone but Mateo. We couldn't tell him he would have told everyone." Travis says looking sorry.

Then I seen it. His file, his photo staring right back up at me. I turn around to look at him. "So you are one of them too." I spit the words out. He nods his head. "But my feelings for you are real Riley. I never wanted to hurt you. I'm sorry." He says reaching down to help me up. I slap his hands out of my way. I get up walking right up to him. "I hate you Lane!" I scream slapping him in the face. I turn around looking at them all. "I hate you all!" I scream tears running down my face. I don't look back I run.