Caught

"Thank you for meeting with me tonight." I say. "It's not like I had much of a choice." The person annoyingly states. "Yeah well next time don't be so obvious and I won't have to call your boss." I spit out wanting this meeting over with already. Yeah this was not my idea, Tom called and told me he had set this up. My idea was to run away.

"How about cut the crap, next time you won't be so lucky." They say smirking that dirty smirk, sending a cold shiver down my spine. "How about I call Tom up and tell him what's really been going on. Oh I bet that will go down well." I say returning the smirk.

"Just take the damn files so I can go. I have better things to do then stand here and babysit." They say passing me the files before running off.

"Wake up SCAR!" Mateo yells jumping on my bed. "Mateo people will still be asleep. You need to be quite." I whisper not opening my eyes still tired from last night. I didn't sneak back into my room until midnight. I didn't go over the files last night. I couldn't bring myself to open them.

"Your boyfriend is downstairs waiting for you." Mateo says rushing out the door slamming it. "MATEO IF I CATCH YOU, YOU'RE DEAD!!" Lane yells out from his room. Collage is on a break so he is back in the house must to my discussed. He is always so angry and I know he doesn't like me it's not like he even tries to hide it.

I head downstairs still in my pjs my hair a mess and the bags under my eyes. "Oh wow you look so sexy." Parker says as I walk into the kitchen. "I don't see how she is sexy. She looks like a monster. And a very scary one." Mateo says taking a seat on my lap.

"Yeah thanks. Excited for the first day back at school tomorrow?" I ask. As it's been a week for me and two weeks for Parker and James after we got suspended. "Yeah only cause I get to see you." Parker says smiling brushing his leg against mine under the table. "Hey wanna come study." I say to Parker not taking no for an answer.

"You know I don't study." Parker says as we walk upstairs. "I know. But I need to talk to you about something in private. And it's the only way Mateo wouldn't follow." I say pushing him in my room closing and locking the door behind us. "Okay good, cause I was gonna say I like you a lot but I don't like you that much." Parker says laughing not knowing that what he said hurt a little. I brush it off not showing emotion.

"So what's up buttercup?" Parker asks sitting on my bed. "So I got something I wanna show you but you can't tell anyone." I say getting the files from my bag. "Oh and don't ask how I got them or from whom or anything like that." I say taking a seat opening them for the first time.

My breath catches in my throat. The photos take me back to that night. My Mum's body half out the window, my Dad's body lay in his blood. And Mitch,  his pale skin, eyes open lifeless body lay in the grass.

Parker pushes past me and out the door. He looked so pale sitting there when I opened up the file. I put the files away and head downstairs to find Parker. I grab my phone to call him but stop when I see the unread message.

'Be careful with who you trust. They are not who they say they are.'

I can't help by stare at my phone. What does this mean. How do I know who I'm meant to trust. And why haven't they said who they are.

"Anyone would think you and Parker have seen a ghost." Lane says coming downstairs shirtless might I add. "What why do you say that?" I ask quickly putting my phone away. "Parker ran out  looking like a ghost himself, and you were standing there looking scared." Lane says before walking away.

I run upstairs and change out of my pjs and head downstairs. But before I can make it out the door I'm stopped by Vada. "Hey honey you okay Lane told me what happened." Vada says sitting at the table drinking her morning coffee. "Yeah no all good. I'll be back in a little bit just going to find Parker." I say before turning and rushing out the door.

I push past Angus, Weston and Spencer, accidentally knocking Spencer over. "Wow where's the fire at Riley?" Spencer questions me getting up off the ground. "Sorry I'll explain later. Bye!" I yell out not stopping. I get to Parker's families house and knock on the door.

"Aright! Alright! I'm coming stop bashing the door!" I hear Jenny's voice call out from inside. She opens the door, but before she can say anything I run through heading up the stairs to find Parker's room. "It's on the left!" Jenny yells out watching me from the door. "Thanks." I say back no knowing if she can hear me.

"Parker open up!" I yell bashing on the door. "No leave me alone!" He yells out  I can hear the worry in his voice. "Parker if you don't open this door right now you are going to be sorry." I yell. "Riley I'm fine I'll talk to you later." I hear his voice softer this time. I take a bobby pin out of my hair and unpick his lock.

"Parker why did you run off?" I question locking the door. "Do I even wanna know how you got in?" Parker questions me I shake my head, he sighs. "Look Riley I know you said that your family was murdered but I guess I just didn't think anything like that." Parker says running a shaking hand through his hair.

"Yeah it's hard to look at the photos and believe that they were real people, that belong to a family. And that they had great memories before all that happened." I say sliding down the door, I wrap my arms around my legs like it's going to save me.

"Yeah." Parker says laying back. "Please tell me the truth. With what I'm about to ask." I say looking him in the eyes so he knows how real I'm being with him right now. He nods his head. "When I showed you the photos you looked at them first up like you have seem them before. Have you?" I ask in a stern voice, making sure not to break eye contact.

"Um, no sorry. I haven't, trust me that's
something you would definitely remember. And anyways if I had I would have told you buttercup." Parker says starring right back at me. I give a soft smile. "Anyway I have to go Vada will be waiting for me." I say before getting up and leaving.

"Hey sorry about before I was just worried that I had scared your brother away." I say to Jenny walking out the front door. Before I can close the door Jenny grabs my arm. "He lies a lot." Jenny whispers in my ear before letting go. "I know." I say back smiling.

Before I even make it on the front deck I can see all the Walkers sitting at the table. "Hey was their a family meeting I didn't know about." I say jokingly looking at the Walkers. Mateo shakes his head. That's when I hear it. The one voice I haven't heard in a long time. It send a shiver down my spine.

"Hey kiddo." He says standing in the corner of the room.