Last Day

"I'll pick you up from school okay?" Tom say as I get out of the car. "Sure thing." I reply before walking into the school.

It's been tense at home. Tom had been saying with us so that hasn't helped the situation. But Vada and Travis are talking again after a week. So that's a plus, and then there is Lane. He has gone back to being rude and ignoring my existences. After he kissed me I have made sure I stayed away from him.

"Hey Riley I'm sorry to see that it's the last day for you." Spencer says coming up to me. "Yeah it's going to be sad that's for sure. But don't worry, everything will turn out how it's meant to be." I say throwing my arm around him.

"Eww you guys are super gross." Angus yells out as he comes up to us with Weston. Spencer laughs going red in the face, making everyone laugh even more. "What can't a sis love her baby brother." I say messing his hair up. "Yeah yeah." Spencer says pulling away leaving us to go to his mates.

I take my seat in class and get ready for the lesson. The teacher comes in and start the day off. I look over to see that Parker still hasn't turned up for class. I pull my phone out to send him a text, I notice a text from an unknown number.

'Come alone and your boyfriend won't get hurt.'

Oh my god they have him. I have to go get him, I have to save him. It's all my fault. I pack my stuff up and leave when the teacher is facing the board. I get to the front gate, making sure no one sees me.

'Meet me at the willow tree on the Walkers place.'

The next text comes through. Oh no what happens if they have them all. No I can't think like that. I take off running all the way back home. I get to the front gate and stop, I catch my breath before I head over. They need to know I'm not just some teenager.

I make it to the tree and notice no one is there, besides from a note. It's stuck to the tree addressed with my name. I open it up to see that in fact no one is in danger.

'Hey Riley. I'm sorry but this is the only way that you would come. Meet me at our spot. Make sure no one follows. - P'

What the hell does he think he is doing. Wait until I get my hands on Parker. I'm going to strangle him and enjoy every second of it. I run past the house trying to make sure no one sees me as I would get into so much trouble, for skipping school. Especially on the last day. I dart past the shed where I can hear Tom and Travis talking. I wanna stop and listen in. But I don't.

I make it past the tree line and into the secret waterhole, where he is waiting for me. His back turned so he doesn't know I'm here yet. "Hey." I say walking up to where he sits on the dock. "Hey buttercup, take a seat we need to talk." Parker says patting the empty spit next to him. I sit down facing him with my legs crossed. "What's so important that you had to message that nasty text through." I ask trying to stay relaxed.

"Well what I have to say is important and I knew it would be the only way you would talk to me again, after what happened." Parker says reaching for my hand to hold. "Okay so go on." I state annoyed that I'm missing out on school.

"Look Riley I should have told you first up what the go was. But I didn't cause I was scared, okay. And look I still am. I never wanted to hurt you but that's exactly what I ended up doing." Parker sobs out looking me in the eyes. I don't reply. "Look I promise I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you. And if you don't want to see me again I understand. I am truly sorry." He says, tears rolling down his face now.

"It's okay I forgive you." I say for the first time since it all happened. I reach up wiping his tears away, then pulling him into a much needed hug. I have missed seeing him around. Missed his hugs, company but most of all his kisses.

"Okay so don't get mad but I brought you a little something." Parker says pulling a black box out of his pocket. I can't help but stare, I've never been given a gift before by a guy. "Here take it. If it's the wrong colour or size I'll get it changed." Parker says moving a stray hair out of my face.

"Parker you didn't have to do this. But thank you. It means the world to me." I say getting the box out of his hands. My stomach is doing flips nervous at what's inside but also excited to get a gift from him. I open it. Oh wow it's so beautiful I can't help the big smile that has made it's way across my face. But it feels right. I truly am speechless.

"Well here goes nothing. Riley Lane I have loved you from the start. Ever since I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one for me. And sitting here in front of you today I would like nothing more then for that to happen. So Riley will you be my girlfriend?" Parker asks nervously.

"Yes. Of course I will." I say. "Oh and one last thing. Happy birthday buttercup." He says pulling me in for our first kiss as a couple. I pull away to catch my breath. I can't help but go red in the cheeks. "I have to get back to school before the bells goes Tom is picking me up." I say getting up grabbing my bag. "Okay I'll drop you off." Parker says getting up.

"Hey kiddo, how was your last day?" Tom asks as I get in his car. "Umm yeah, sure good." I say lying hoping he doesn't find out. "Okay well off to the airport we go." Tom says pulling out of the car park.

"Bye, please don't do anything I wouldn't. I will miss you kiddo. Happy birthday. And you would have thought I had forgotten. But I didn't don't worry." Tom saying passing me a present. "Thank you. Safe travels." I say holding my tears back. I hold the little pink box tightly in my hands.

"Hey Mum and Dad couldn't make it so they asked me to pick you up." Lane says coming up behind me. His hands rest on my shoulders making me feel heavy. "Can we go home now please." I turn around a tear rolling down my cheek. "Sure." Is all that he says wiping my tear away before turning around and heading out the door.