Heart

"Wake up! Now!" Mateo screams in my ear waking me from a deep sleep. "Hi." He says poking my nose. "Hi now what do you want at this time of the morning?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "I got you food my little bitty monster. Shh don't tell anyone." He says passing me a bowl of fruit. "Thanks Mateo." I say placing it on the night stand, to sore to eat.

Jenny and I have been practicing for over two weeks now. Every night we start at 11pm and finish around 1am to 2am. Depending on what training she has for me and what case files she has me going through. She keep flogging my ass, apparently I'm getting so much better but not good enough to block at punch to the jaw last night.

"Why are you not eating?" Mateo yells out scaring me from my thoughts. "I will soon. I will shower first to wake up. Then I will cause it looks so good. But you look better. More juicier and just my size." I say making him jump off the bed screaming as he makes his way out the door. I get up and head into the bathroom to shower. I stop when I see myself in the mirror, I'm completely covered in bruises.

"What the hell." He says anger coating every word. He slams the door in the process making me jump. I wrap the towel around myself trying to hide what he has already seen. "Riley are you okay in there sweetheart?" Vada yells out from outside the door. Lane quickly locks it before she can come in. He puts his finger up to his lips making sure I don't say anything about him. "Yeah I'm fine. Just through I seen a spider." I say and just like that she is gone believing my lie.

"Don't try hide it Riley. It's to late for that. You have some explaining to do." Lane says taking a seat on Mateo chair. Really I have explaining to do. Oh this boy really has the nerve to say that. He just walked in here while I was in here naked. Freaking naked! I ignore him and get ready I put make up on trying to hide my bruise on my jaw. I walk out of the bathroom making sure to slam the door in his face.

"Riley don't you dare walk away from me. Get back here now!" He yells out slamming the door behind him. Everyone is watching now. They all were watching after I slammed the door so they definitely would have seen Lane come out. "You are not my father you can't tell me what to do ever!" I yell back stoping at the top of the stairs. I turn around to face him. All the boys are watching.

"Yes I can. And I will keep telling you what to do!" He screams punching the wall beside my head. His fist goes straight through the thin wall like it went through paper. I try not to flinch at his outburst. "Mummy! Daddy! Help us! Help her!" I hear Mateo's shaky voice yell out. I want to run to him and hold him and tell him that it's all okay. But I don't scared it will only make it worse. "Daddy is coming!" I hear off in the distance then the sound of foot steps as they come around the corner.

"What is going on here!" Travis yells out his voice so full of anger. "What happened to my wall?" Vada asks. "It's my fault sorry." I say not looking at them, making sure to keep eye contact with Lane. "It's always your fault isn't it." Weston yells out. Lane spins around so fast it made me dizzy. "It's not her fault it's his." Spencer points with a shaky finger. "Spencer it's fine I can deal with this." I say calming my voice down. "Everyone get to the bus stop before it's not late. We will talk about this tonight. Now go!" Vada yells scaring me. I get my bag and rush down the stairs. I get in my car and drive.

I arrive at school before the others do. I rush inside and into my first class room. I don't want to talk to him ever again. "Hey you weren't on the bus today?" Parker says taking a seat next to me. "Yeah, I drove here." I say drawing in my book hoping he doesn't keep talking. "Good morning class, and welcome back." The teacher says writing her name on the board. "I'm your new teacher for the rest of the year. My name is Ms Heart." She says with her sweet calming voice.

I stop drawing and look up to see her dark brown hair tied up in a messy bun, her crystal blue eyes sparkle in the light. "Now we will go around the room and say something about ourself. I'll start. I have a son named James. Yes he does go to this school." She say smiling her bright smile. I can't help but stare I never thought I would have to see her. "Riley Lane." She says looking around the room. I don't answer to afraid to say anything. "That her Miss." Parker says pointing at me. I look up to see her staring at me.

"Do I know you darling you look very familiar?" She asks walking closer. "No. I have 5 brothers." I say quickly getting my turn over with. The rest of my morning classes go by fast. "Hey where are you going, our spot is over here." Parker says grabbing my hand "I have something to do." I say pushing his hand away.

"Oi James get your ass over here now!" I yell out not caring who is watching. "See all the girls love me, they just can't get enough of me." He says laughing with his friends. "Boy you are lucky there are people around." I yell pushing him. "Look guys she can't keep her hands off me." James yells trying to impress his mates. "How about I deal with your little bunch of brainless monkeys the same way I deal with you. You idiot!" I yell balling my fist ready to take them on.

He grabs my hand pulling me away from the seen I just made. "Let me go. You are lucky I don't rip your arm off!" I yell at him, trying to get free. "How about you calm down and tell me why you want to take everyone's head off." James asks sitting down away from everyone. "Why didn't you tell me your darling Mother works here now. And how come she is my teacher?" I whisper calming down. "I'm sorry I only found out this morning and when I went by your place you had already left and I don't have your number." He says.

"Look I'm sorry she just freaked me out that's all." I say taking a deep breath. "It's okay these things happen sis." He says giving my shoulder a little push.

Beep. Beep.

'Riley we need to meet up okay I'm sorry. Lane.'

I look at my phone feeling sad. I look up to notice Parker is standing near us. I put my phone away not wanting to answer the message. I have enough to deal with when I get back home. "Hey can I walk you to class?" Parker questions coming up to us. "Yeah sure. See you around ya brainless monkey." I say to James. "Right back at ya." James say running over to his mates.

I get out of my car and head inside, I try and make no noise at all so no one knows I'm home. "Busted." Angus whisper into my ear making me jump. "Riley is that you?" Vada yells out catching me trying to sneak in. I was meant to come home straight after school. But I didn't I went to the gym instead, I needed to clear my head after this morning. After today.

"Yeah." I say knowing she won't be able to hear me. I walk into the kitchen where everyone is sitting except for myself and Angus. "Sorry I'm late." I say taking a seat. "You ready for this." Travis says reaching over to squeeze my hand. I nod knowing it's the only way.

"Tell me what happened this morning Riley." Vada says looking at me with sorry in her eyes. "He come into the bathroom and slammed the door. I was completely naked." I sob trying not to think about it. "She is completely covered in bruise!" Lane yells slamming the table making everyone jump. "Lane it's not your turn yet. So please keep quite. You will have your go." Vada says calmly.

"I quickly got changed and got out of that room so fast I thought I was going to rip the door off with me. I didn't answer him and it made him mad. Like really mad. I was so scared I just froze I didn't know what to do. He kept yelling at me and at the boys. And then he punched me. He punched me in the jaw. I quickly put makeup on so no one would see. I just didn't want to cause drama. I'm sorry." I cry saying what I didn't want to say. How can I do this. It makes my stomach crawl. I feel the storm brewing in the pit of my stomach and it's not happy, not one little bit.

"Okay your go." Travis says to Lane not letting my hand go. "She is covered in bruises like I said before. And when I asked how she got them she didn't answer. So I thought that Parker had done it to her. He can't touch her like that she is my little sister and I'm meant to look after her. I got mad I'm sorry. I was just so annoyed with myself for not protecting you. From that monster of a guy. I was seeing red and I punched the wall beside her head. I swear I didn't hurt her." Lane says keeping his voice calm. You can tell he is trying to hide his anger but it's not working to well.

"Lane you hit me. And I have the bruise to prove it." I yell getting up knocking my chair over in the process. I grab it fixing it up and taking a seat. Travis grabs a pen and paper he writes away before showing us.

'Good job guys if he was listening we will know soon. Don't say anything else. We will know if Riley's phone rings. And we will then go from there.'

I really hope he was listening. I want this to be over with. I just want to live a normal life with my family now. The people that took me in when no one else would. They love me like I am their own and I love that about them. They are my family and I will do anything to protect them. Even if that means lie.