Plus One

"Hey Riley do you need a hand?" Vada asks from the other side of my door. "No thank you just putting my shoes on." I yell out from inside my cupboard. I slip my shoes on and do a once over in the mirror. I have my new red fitted mini dress and some black flats on. My hair is curled falling loosely at my shoulders. Oh I almost forgot my bracelet from Parker.

"What can I help with?" I ask walking into the kitchen. "Oh I think I'm going to cry. You look so grown up. You are just beautiful." Vada cry's out pulling me into a hug. "Um is that dress a little to short?" Travis asks sounding like he is about to have a heart attack. "Oh don't be silly honey. It finishes just above the knees she is fine." Vada says winking at me. "Oi Riley it's your party are you going to help or make everyone else do it." Lane yells out trying to sound annoyed.

"Don't worry about him. I can handle him." I say cutting Vada off from getting up Lane. "Don't worry I'm more worried about him handling you." Travis says laughing giving me a high five. I head outside and over to Lane, where he is setting the food out on the table. "Hey."  I whisper standing next to him. Wow he really is very attractive. "Did you want to make it anymore obvious?" Lane whispers looking at me. "What?" I ask. "You are practically making a swimming pool at our feet right now." He says looking me up and down.

I slip him across the chest, winning a grin from Travis making me laugh. We finish putting the food on the table when Weston and Angus walk out. "Oh man how many people are coming to this?" Weston asks acting like it will effect him. "You know that it's just you guys, Parker, Jenny and whoever she brings but she is only bringing one person." I say popping a chip into my mouth winner a glance from Vada, for eating the food before people turned up. It's not like I was going to eat it all she has cooked enough for the entire school.

"Step away from my date boys." Mateo walks in with a suit on grabbing my hand giving it a wet sloppy kiss. "Oh Mateo didn't you know if you kiss a monster they will eat you at night if you don't feed them when they are hunger." Lane says tormenting his baby brother. "No! Scar would never eat me! Would you!" He yells out making Travis and Vada look our way. "Well I am very hungry now." I say making him run away scream. "Help me! Help me! I need food or I will be her food!" He yells running into the kitchen. "Oh hey Spencer. You look very good." I say making him blush.

We talk about the plans after dinner tonight and how we will all sneak out and meet at the waterhole for a swim. When it happens. It goes dark. Parker puts his hands over my eyes. But before he can say anything I throw my elbow back right into his stomach dropping him a little. He groans out in pain holding his stomach. "Oh babe I'm so sorry. You know how I am. I'm sorry it's just my instincts." I say trying to act all apologetic. The boys try and hold their laughter in, except for Lane.

"Mate, she would throw you around like a rag doll if I asked her too. And sad thing is, I wouldn't even have to say please cause we all know how much she hates you." Parker spit out at Lane trying to push the pain away but you can still see it in his face. I got him good. "Yeah well the feeling is mutual." Lane says walking off. "Please don't fight, not tonight. That's all I'm asking." I say to Parker before walking off, leaving him standing there looking like a fool that he is.

"Omg girl we are matching." Jenny squeals running up to me throwing her arms around me hugging me. "Hey girl you look great." I say hugging her back.  "Oh I tots know girl. You look smoking hot." She says letting go spinning around getting stared at by Angus, Weston and Spencer. "So where is your plus one?" I ask. "Oh my plus one is coming. Don't you worry you will love him. He is super funny and good looking." She says as we walk up onto the deck.

"Momma Mia. You are my princess." Mateo yells out walking over to Jenny. "Oh hello my little prince." Jenny says putting her hand out so he can give her a kiss. "You are my date, capeesh." He states walking off before we can tell him she has a date. Poor kid he keeps getting his heart broken and he is only 5.

The boys are talking about tonight getting all excited and working out what they will need to get. "Hey my man is here I'll be back." Jenny says running away blushing, making me giggle. "So Riley when Jenny is back we will start presents and then dinner will be ready and then cake. Is that okay?" Vada comes up asking like it's my choice. "Vada I've told you it's okay whatever you want to do I didn't want a massive party." I say hugging her thankful for what she is doing.

"Hey where did Jenny go?" Parker asks coming up passing me a drink. "Oh just out the front to get her plus one." I say winking at him. His face falls at my answer. "Oh I thought she went home. Stuff like this isn't her thing. I don't even know why you invited her." Parker says getting mad. But before I can try calm him down Jenny comes back in. Everyone stops what they are doing and stare. I turn around to see what they are looking at. I can't move I don't know what to do I can't say anything. I'm shocked.

"So everyone this is my boyfriend James. Please make him feel welcome." Jenny says looking at him like a lost puppy. "What are you doing here? You are lucky I don't punch your teeth in." Parker says getting up in his face. I run over pushing myself in between them. I push them apart keeping them at arms distance. "Okay guys no need to fight in front of my family please. You can kill each other later. Just not now!" I whisper yell at them making sure Travis and Vada can't hear.

"Everyone please come sit down we will do presents." Travis yells out, getting everyone's attention "Riley this one is from me." Jenny say passing me a small little box. "I seen the look on your face when we passed the shop the other day. But if you don't like it that's okay, I'll use it." Jenny say over excited. I open the little box to see an access card to the gym. "Oh Jenny thank you I was going to head in tomorrow and sign up." I say getting up to give her a hug.

"Riley this is from us." Vada says passing me a big box. I open it and scream in excitement. "Oh my god thank you, thank you, thank you. I love them!" I cry giving Vada and Travis a hug. I have always wanted cowgirl boots and they brought me a pair of my own. "Oh darling I thought you would love them. We all picked them out." Vada says happy.

"Babe this is my present to you." Parker says giving me a little violet box. "Oh Parker you didn't have to give me anything else the bracelet is heaps. But thank you." I say giving him a hug. I open the box to find a pair of Diamond ear rings. "Parker I can't take these they look to expensive." I say closing the box. "Riley you are worth ever bit." Parker says smiling. I bet these have a little diverse in them as well.

"Okay well everyone it's cake time." Vada says as we finish helping clean up after dinner. Travis brings the cake out and sits it down in front of me. "Okay guys get ready to sing happy birthday to our baby girl. One, two, three!" Travis yells out.