Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Ian stiffens, his eyes widening. The memory of that precise moment floods back to him. He lowers his head as pain grips his chest. Of course, he doesn't want that. He doesn't want any of these people to vanish in front of his eyes again. Not least of all his family.

Raia may not be forcing him to accept his reality, but her words compel him to. She's literally telling him that if he refuses to acknowledge the truth within him, one of his precious people will vanish again. And it will once again be his fault.

"Decide," Raia says in a low and deep voice that seems to echo in his head.

Ian opens and then closes his mouth. The angel's words reverberate in his mind.

"Once you've named your Blessing, you've acknowledged Azarios and are ready to give him your life. You can't ever turn your back on your Blessing once you've called it."

Ian doesn't want to lose anyone else, but he also doesn't want to see that light again. The light that shattered his peaceful life. That light, the one that ruined everything.

Then what should he do?

"Frankly, I don't really care about any of the people here, but I'm sure you do," Raia drawls, her eyes cold. "If they become tainted and turn into demons, I can simply destroy them. If I can't save them as humans, I can at least destroy them and save their souls for reincarnation. But, Your Highness, I'm sure you don't want that to happen."

Ian looks at her in horror. He takes a step back, his body trembling with fear and rage.

"W-what did you just say?" Ian tries to hide his rage and apprehension, but the tremor in his voice is undeniable.

"You are an Elysian, Your Highness, and that will never change. Demons will hunt you down, and those around you will be in danger. If you still don't get it, let me explain it to you. If the worst happens, it's your loss, not ours. Nonetheless, it is up to you whether you will remain blind or embrace the harsh reality. But keep in mind that once you make a decision, there is no going back." After leaving that remark, Raia turns on her heels and walks away.

***

"Raia!" Raiden exclaims as soon as Raia approaches them. "Was that Prince Ian?"

Raia nods and leans against a wall.

"Oh, you're trying to scare him into joining us?" Nathan cracks a joke as he leans against the pillar. "Or maybe you tried flirting with him so he'd join us willingly?"

"The Queen was an Outcast, a tainted one," Raia states, ignoring Nathan's remark.

Their jaws drop and their eyes widen at the revelation. They stare at her for a few seconds before Nathan breaks the silence.

"What made you think that? Did he tell you?" Nathan asks, his eyes narrowed.

"Eh? But it's unlikely that the prince will suddenly open up to a stranger," Sunshine says.

"You figured it out," Raiden says, stunned.

Raia furrows her brows. "It's absurd that the Ministry leaders aren't aware of this. It's pretty obvious. It's the only logical explanation for such a mysterious disappearance and a royal family member being an Elysian."

The three of them exchange glances as they consider Raia's statement. It's possible that these disciples won't figure it out, but Raia doubts it will be the same for the leaders. They're well aware of it, of course. But, in order not to offend the prince any further, they kept the truth hidden.