Chapter Eleven

"Why are you glaring at me like that? Did I do anything to you?" Loki inquires, feigning disbelief

"Why are you glaring at me like that? Did I do anything to you?" Loki inquires, feigning disbelief. "I'm not sure why you're mad with me in the first place."

Raia's high arc brows draw together in a deep scowl, giving her an even grimmer and foreboding appearance. Eyes as merciless as a sharpened blade gaze at Loki. Of course, she has sensed something strange about him since he appeared in their train compartment. He has a strange aura around him.

After all, a friendly stranger is a man who cannot be trusted.

Loki looks her in the eyes, then his mouth forms an enigmatic smile.

"Raia," Raiden mutters from behind her, a firm tone in his voice.

Raia's eyes are glued to Loki, and she has no intention of looking away. Because doing so is equivalent to lowering her guard.

"What are you?" Raia growls, her hands and sword trembling.

Loki blinks, then curls his lips into a smile, revealing two sharp fangs. His silver eyes have lost their friendly glints.

"It's up to you to figure out," he replies, tightening the bandanna tie around his forehead.

Loki turns around and faces the crowd before the two can say anything. The people flinch when he smiles at them, so amiable yet menacing.

"You're free to go if you still want to see tomorrow," he says, stepping away from the doorway.

People scurry for the gaping exit, and Loki's eyes sparkle with amusement. Raia and Raiden remain vigilant, their gaze fixed on Loki.

Loki reaches out his hand and grabs the last person by the neck before she can step through the door.

"Everyone can leave this place alive except you," he whispers into the woman's ear.

The helpless victim stiffens as her eyes round in dread, the color draining from her face.

"Release her!" Raiden growls. He charges at him, his broadsword poised above his head.

Loki's lips form a cynical smile as he leaps up and lands on a table, one arm around the woman's waist. When she tries to wiggle free, he wraps his other arm around her and leans forward.

When Loki whispers something into her ear, the woman freezes, his arms tightening around her as if he's hugging her. He then lifts his head just enough to look at the two of them, a sinister smile on his face.

As they meet his gaze, Raia and Raiden tense up. His smile transforms into a grin, revealing long canine teeth as sharp as daggers, which he sinks into the flesh of the woman's neck.