Chapter 29~ A Trio's Battle (Part 3)

I miscounted, there is still 2 chapters left... Wait... FUUUUUUUUUUU Ok yeah it ends on Shark's POV don't worry :) Also, is this pic not cute?! Kimono broooooooz!!!

[Shark's POV]

Though the pain was terrible, somehow, I has a slight amount of hope in me. Is it Utopia? I don't know, but I felt like we could do this. Yuma still hasn't activated Zexal, and not once until I was down on the ground had I realised that he had his chance, ever since Hart had destabilized the Sphere canon. I felt my eyes widen in realisation. Yuma was busy muttering to himself, so I thought it was best not to disturb him, even though it was probably nervous stuttering and overthinking. 

I turn to Kite, who was still hunched over, and I could hear his whimpers wracking through his body, which made a wave of sympathy to go through him. I stare at him with intensity, not trying to make my eyes go soft at the sight of his blonde hair, whisps starting to part from his hair. The idea is with the intensity of my stare, he would look at me, and then I would point out my plan.

It starts going right when he turned to me, and I feel a lump grow in my throat when I see his own pain-sunken eyes crying back at me. It make an acid-like jolt run across my abdomen, and when I spoke, a high-pitched whine left my throat instead. That only earnt sympathy from his eyes instead of understanding. Great!

I try and regain his attention, monotonously flickering my eyes to the Sphere canon, then to Yuma, then back at his face. He seems a little confused, and the sorrow in his eyes were still there, which still made me angry nonetheless. I wanted to slap at him for some reason, or at least shout at him. But, from the burning pain I was feeling, I didn't trust my voice to speak.

As I try hopelessly to give my plan to Kite, Faker's evil voice boomed through the dark room. "Now that I've worn the 2 of you down, only you stand in my way, Yuma Tsukumo!" He spat his name out like it were the most sour words to say, and I knew I had to act fast before he acted recklessly and thoughtlessly, throwing this duel away. I point to the Sphere canon with more urgency, waiting for Kite to click, to understand.

I could tell he finally snapped the pieces together, because I see the sudden realisation in his eyes, widened when he finally understood. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. It took nail-bitingly long!

He attempts to get up, grunting slightly before looking at Yuma. "It's now or never, Yuma! You and Astral can end this!"

I don't know where or what gave me this numbing power, but I managed to get up off one knee, finding the words to encourage Yuma to end this. It's not just Kite and him. It's me as well. All three of us were a team!

"He's right, Yuma! Your combined powers are too much for that thing to handle!" A wave of dizziness had hit me, but I was glad Yuma didn't notice, now listening to his extra-terrestrial friend who was talking to him. I couldn't distinguish what was being said between them, but I did hear Yuma shout out "Let's do this!" and run towards Astral, unleashing the power of Zexal. I smile, collapsing momentarily back onto my knees to regain my focus whilst they build the overlay network.

I look back up to see Yuma in his Zexal form, and my grin widens. Something, or someone, is giving me this strength to get back onto my feet, pull out my fists and prepare for the next fight. It's Yuma's turn now, and we are currently running on 100 life points, which I feel might be meaningless to Yuma, who had the confident glint in his eyes. 

"GO SHINING DRAW!" I watch as he draws at lightning speed, a bright light glimmering in its wake. "I summon Zexal weapon, ultimate shield!"

It has 0 defence points, even though it's a shield! But, I have a feeling there is a flip side to this card. I wait for it to come.