Chapter 12~ Preditors are cute

Not much to say... so enjoy this...

[Kite's POV]

I was glad Shark and I had that talk. We had definitely made up, and I think he approached it really well. Gotta give him credit for that!

We had relaxed in the pool after that, mostly floating or talking about whatever came to mind. 1 whole hour passed, but it felt like a few minutes. I haven't had that much enjoyment in ages, and I was glad to have spent it all with Shark. I know it was selfish of me to have fun while Hart is still in pain, but it was just a few minutes of not having any problems wearing me down.

I won't waste another minute from now on though!

I walk out of the Photon Chamber, a little drained from the energy it takes. Orbital, as usual, bolted in, looking strangely down.

"M-m-m-master K-K-K-Kite!" he definitely sounded upset.

"Orbital, have you short-circuited again?" he tilts his head slightly as if my genuine question was stupid.

"N-n-no! Of c-c-course not! I-It's just... Master K-K-Kite will be g-g-going away for s-s-some t-time, so I w-will be alone h-h-here!" I never took this bot as emotional, and I somehow felt sentiment for him. I was actually going soft! And I'm not sure that's good.

"Get yourself together! I'll take you to the robotics to repair the faulty parts and to give your self-repair system a break, so don't be so ungrateful! And it's only 3 days, so you get a break. Stop being sappy!" I try and snap it all out, but I think Orbital could detect the slight softness in my tone. I'm not liking the feeling of this softening.

"Th-th-thank you!" I roll my eyes and gel my hair up, wearing my regular attire. Oh, that's right! I have that dumb party to get ready for. Something formal, huh? Maybe a white shirt suit or something. I'll focus on that later. For now, I should pack to move out.

I had opposed to the idea of this thing before, not bothered to move rooms to one a couple of floors down in the same building. There is probably no difference, same horrible and unnatural perfection, the same repulsive stench of chemicals. But apparently, I had to. "Not to raise any suspicion." But does anyone really care?! I agreed almost by force, not willing to get into an argument with Mr Heartland AND Dr Faker. Eesh...

I had gotten my suitcase, bringing it towards the elevator, hitting the button that took me to the top floor. To Hart. I'll see him one more time.

Time skiiiiip, brought to you by Number 16, Shock Master! Took way too long for me to remember that!

[Still Kite's POV]

I couldn't stop the gasp from leaving my mouth. Why did I have to get the most boring, clean and open room in this damn building?! This cabin-like room was beautiful! It was by far smaller, but there was a comforting feeling to it, the dim lights and the flickering fire giving a warm atmosphere, the faint smell of pinewood hitting my nose. Just like our house before. There were logs decorating the walls on the inside, a large TV placed on top of the mantlepiece, a few small, unlit candles standing there too. The floors weren't a weird, glassy white but were floored with smooth, wooden planks and, when I removed my boots, the feel of it felt nice against my feet. This had a homely feel to it, unlike the professional feel of mine. 

I think I'd rather move down here!

I pack all my clothes out, pulling out my supposed "formal outfit." It was nothing special. Just a white shirt with a black bow, then a cream-coloured blazer and pants. Shoes were a problem though... I've just settled with a pair of black boots I'd found in my closet before. Was I really going to wear that?! Well, it's not like I have a choice.