Chapter 20~ What's important

THIS IS THE 20TH CHAPTER WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE DONE THIS MUCH! Also, slight warning because Mr Heartland is rude in this chapter...

[No one's POV]

We return to Mr Heartland's floor earlier that day...

"MR HEARTLAND, CAN YOU PERHAPS EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?!"

The normally professional man shudders at the rage in the aggressive voice as it spat his name out sourly. He turns around, the faintest of twitches evident in his smile.

"Um... Faker... maybe it would be best if... well... I-I can expl-"

"I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH!" Heartland dreads the next seconds, knowing that they might as well be his last. He had stepped too close to the edge, and didn't know how far he travelled until he realised that he was falling. "I gave Kite the task of retrieving the numbers. I told him not to trust anyone." The crazed man was no longer shrieking at his assistant, slight concern and worry in his voice. "But... I'm afraid that what he has done will be his downfall..."

"Yes, Dr, that's right! Bu-"

"ARE YOU THAT BLIND?! KITE'S ATTATCHED TO THAT BOY! He's supposed to be a secretive and sophisticated man! Yet now, he has an attachment with Shark! This has gone too far! I don't know how much that boy knows but YOU are partially the one to blame! We may have to jeopardise this whole project you know!" Mr Heartland is sweating now, paralysed to his spot, taking the fresh beating. "You better severe that bond, Mr Heartland, or I will not be so forgiving next time!"

The display of his intimidating face fades to black as the meeting ends, leaving Mr Heartland alone in the eerie and dead silent. He shivers again, wiping his brow and straightening out his suit before leaving the dark room, preparing himself for the upcoming match.

Time skip brought to you by number 7, Lucky Streak! I dunno if I skipped a few, but GOOD FOR YOU!!! 

[Kite's POV]

Present...

I pace around in the waiting room... well, waiting. I didn't know what was happening at the moment, since apparently "Duelists can't watch the other semi-finalists play". I think the rule is ridiculous! Besides, we were training with each other the whole time!

My concern for Reginald only grows with each second. He definitely wasn't looking his best when he was preparing to face the duel, but all that I can hope is that he will win. I would like to think that we made a mutual promise that we would both make it to the final, no matter what. I look out of the giant window in front of me, then down at the daunting drop. It didn't phase me, but mostly because Orbital flies me over it during the middle of the night. Speaking of Orbital, I wasn't allowed to see him either! These rules are stupid!

But, what I find most annoying is that Vetrix can watch the duel anyway from his waiting room! His comes with a small room that overlooks the whole duel. This just leaves me to wait in the side lines. I just have to hope that everything is ok.

Kite, keep your hopes up! Reginald doesn't need your pessimism! Cheer up for his sake!

I smile at my inner thoughts and look up at the bright blue sky, of course reminding me of Reginald's deep blue ones. But that reminder was swiftly dismissed when I found a helicopter shooting across my view. Oh no...

Dread filled me in seconds. It was going towards the duelling grounds. Which can only mean...

Something really bad had happened! I had to go! Now! To check if Reginald is ok! I should've said something earlier! I'm proven useless once again!