Chapter 13~ Nightmares

It's exactly what the title says... Also slight gore warning

[Shark's POV]

I couldn't look away. Every time I try and mind my own business, my eyes always somehow drifted back towards him, like a magnet almost. He was so handsome. I don't know what's wrong with me! His golden hair was draping down in small locks, gelled back into his normal hairstyle. White really did bring out the silver in his eyes, like polished dimes. The warm light around us kissed against his peachy skin, making him look like an actual angel. All he was really missing was wings. The small blush to his cheeks only made him more fascinating to look at.

I looked under the table, at where our hands still remained entwined with the others, out of sight from everyone else. I knew he caught me staring at him a few times, only adding the redness to my face, and he faced back towards the stage each times, leaving me to aimlessly stare into my lap. His hands felt nice around mine. It almost made me feel as if I had company. For once not alone.

Maybe we really were just two lonely people tired from running, who really made a relationship to help each other.

The thought somehow calms me. I don't think Kite is a monster anymore. I don't think he has no regrets. He must have some kind of guilt. Maybe that's why he had those scars? I won't jump to conclusions though.

I could tell none of us both cared at what was happening on that stage, too absorbed with the random solace coming off the other. I felt sort of... safe with Kite. As if I could almost trust him.

Yet... there was still that strange, roaring anger in me. Angry at everyone here. Angry at Yuma for always chasing after me. Angry at Vetrix for messing with me and hurting my sister. Angry at Kite, for somehow always being in my way and thinking he's higher than me. But, coming to think of it, none of those are good reasons as to why I have reason to hate him. So why am I entitled to feel such loathing towards him?

I continue to sit in semi-comfortable silence, not realising how fast the 2 hours flies past. A part of me wanted to bolt out of here as fast as possible, yet the other wanted this to last a few moments longer. I miss the absence of warmth once Kite removes his hands off mine.

Time skip skip, brought to you by Number 30, Acid Golem of Destruction (THE EXACT NUMBER CARD BOTH KITE AND SHARK USED WHEN BATTLING EACH OTHER!!!)

[Still Shark's POV]

Something I hadn't realised until around now was Kite somehow having his room next to mine. By the looks of the gold in his eyes when looking at the room, it actually seemed he likes it. Guess he wasn't as used to luxury as I thought.

I have to admit too, the room was spacious and cosy. It's hard to think that something this fancy was given to me for free. And also because I was the semi-finalist in some lame Duel Carnival. But it's not like I was complaining. I haven't slept in such luxury for ages.

I shut and locked the door, flexing the tingling hand that Kite had held, and strip myself off this tuxedo. It was uncomfortable, but with the reaction I got from Kite, I'd say it wasn't a total waste. Was it the fact that he found me "nice" that satisfied me, or the fact that I got such a reaction out of him?

I take out a long t-shirt and some shorts before switching the lights off and making my way over to the weird fire. Why was it weird? I couldn't pour water on it to turn it off. It's gas-lit. I have to turn the dial down... Seriously, is there anything in this room that I can actually do in my house?! At least the bed is normal.

Ok, by normal, I meant it had pillows and a duvet. It's not normal when it came to softness, almost like a cloud. I basically sank into it! It was pretty warm in there, so I feel myself drift to sleep in seconds.