Chapter 23~ Caught

Hey guuuuys I've forgotten how to start a chapter hahaha! Well, read on I guess...

[Shark's POV]

I couldn't not be curious about where or what Kite had to do or what the letter wanted him to do, but I kept my eye on him. He seemed pretty restless and worried for someone who had just gotten out of hospital. I wanted to talk to him, but by the way he had snapped at me, I knew it wasn't a question that should've been asked.

My feelings for Kite were set in stone: I like him. Not as a friend though, as I originally thought. At a romantic. Ok, scratch that, I love him. But, I can't really ask him to be my boyfriend whilst we are both going through a lot. Well, he still has went through a lot more. The hand holding definitely confirms that.

The condition of Rio is strangely unsettling since she hasn't gained consciousness, had any change of heart rate or even manage to breathe without her ventilator. I'm beginning to get more anxious, since after tomorrow, she may be... out to sleep. I've tried to stop her from being taken off life support. Didn't work. No one would listen. Asking for more than what they've given just makes me seem selfish. Nothing has hit me yet, no drop of realisation. All I can do for now it just wait for it to happen, wait for it to hit me and knock me off balance. The anticipation is fake in hopes to cushion the blow, but I know it will be merciless. Much worse than the Fearscape. I may never walk again.

It was currently the middle of the night, and Kite seemed pretty peaceful whilst being asleep. Our hands were still laced together, though our beds were a little high for them to be lent on anything. Again., I couldn't sleep. It's one of those horrible nights where your eyes can't physically close and all you can do is wait until they get tired. Naturally, my mind wanders away from this hospital. Not to a cherry blossom orchard. Not to my sister. Not even to Kite. I wander back to the time where I had felt almost nothing, where for a brief moment, nothing mattered. I had other things to do, but I no longer wanted to do any of them. That one moment where I felt no loss, no pain, no emotions. I just felt blank. I long for that feeling again. But, coming down to the truth, I would never feel the warmth and comfort I feel now, from Yuma and my other schoolmates. And even Kite! And I kind of needed to feel the emotion of loss and brokenness, or I would only be feeling empty and dissatisfied. Like I'm feeling now.

My eyes start to droop, meaning I was about to sleep, so I return back to my body, sneaking another glance at Kite, and get knocked back to sleep.

Time skip, brought to you by Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon! SHUT UP I KNOW THIS ISN'T A NUMBER!

[Still Shark's POV]

I had an average nights sleep, and ended up at about 5am. Everybody else in the wing was quiet as usual, slumbering in deep sleep. Envy is an annoying word to describe what I saw. I look to my left and, to my surprise, Kite was absent. I sit up quietly, careful not to disturb everyone around me, and look around until I saw him in front of me, changing out of his hospital gown and into his regular clothes. I was close to calling out his name when I saw him look around strangely, as if he was doing something bad. My lips squeezed shut. He stealthily leaves the room.

Maybe this was the thing that was said on the letter? Was he going somewhere? Did he have to go somewhere? I stood up, walking towards the direction he had left in. Fortunately, I was already in my regular clothes, thanks to me healing completely 2 days ago, but I still had to stay in hospital until the physio comes on Sunday. I stop myself before I go through the door though.

Is this really a good idea? I mean, Kite was being very secretive about this, so had something happened to his brother? Or maybe he was out number hunting again? Or maybe he had to see his father or something? Whatever it is, I really shouldn't pry. It was curiosity that killed the cat.